Links not working....

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 pm
Hi,

I have just instaled a quickstart version of the Template, but none of the links I create or the ones existing from a quickstart (Music News) are not working. I didnt remove the K2 articles that contain the article content, and I have not changed menu settings for the "Music News" so they shoudl be working, but insted I get 404 error. Another thing is that non of the quickstart articles are accessible via the homepage buttons/slider/boxes, they point back to homepage insted of pointing to the right article. I have read https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ge ... s-working/ but still it is black magic for me :(

Can you tell me how to create a menu and articles? What I am doing wrong...

Website where the template is installed: http://www.katole.pl
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 pm
Hi,

you have "404 Category not found" what's means that you deleted category after you added article or link to it or you set to much settings SEF in Global configuration.

I have two suggestions :
1) delete all demo content - categories / articles / menus, and start with your polish content fro beginning
2) install quickstart on subdomain or in folder to check all our demo settings (aby mieć pod ręką)

Is this your first page with Joomla 2.5?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 pm
p.s.
Those tip may also help:
Global configuration->Site->
- Search Engine Friendly URLs [Yes]
- Use URL rewriting [No]

seo-1.png

or rename file from httacess.txt to .httacess

[PL]: http://wiki.joomla.pl/Jak_sprawdzi%C4%8 ... rewrite%3F
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 pm
Hi Pawel,

This is not the first Joomla 2.5 page I am working on, and never before had this problem, and I used templates before also. I bet this is some "one click away" problem to be solved.

1. .htaccess - changed
2. Global configuration - changed acording to the tip

Links are still not working.

3. Now there is an Joomla article inside the "videos" tab, "testing" article on loose without any category, and the "music news" unchanged from the orginal quickintall. Also all the quickinstal K2 articles and Joomla articles i kept as "template" for the settings but even those are not shown on the page. Even going to the quickinstall artiles from homepage is not working, but they dont end up with 404 just going back to homepage.

Any idea?

PM with admin access?

Thanks / Z góry dzienki za pomoc
Adrian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:03 am
Sure send me access,
but first try to repair database using PHPMyAdmin - it may be corrupted.

Where do have hosting, I hope not in home.pl , hmm? Because those problems are ... hard to say... fault of hosting not J!.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:12 am
p.s.
Could you also install naked joomla (not quickstart) on this same hosting to check it everything works (adding menu items etc.) with those hosting settings.
By the way, did you have any problems (warnings) during QuickStart installation process?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 pm
Hi,

I have sent you PM, but I see it in Outbox not in Sent items? Did you get it or..?

Thanks
Adrian
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 pm
When I disabled SEF/SEO settings all links works again,
on your page there is also "JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: " problem.

As you see those problems are not connected with our products (template/modules) but with server settings and Joomla itself. Ask your hosting support what to do? I believe they know better than I.

p.s.
remember to upgrade to j2.5.13 (2.5.9 is old and buggy)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:05 pm
p.s.
Check also post about your hosting on joomla polish forum (forum.joomla.pl), I suppose that more people had this same issue as you.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.