Quick install not installing

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:13 pm
I am trying to install a fresh version of MusicCity v2.5 using the quick install. everything goes well but after i put in the SQL database info (and yes i am sure everything is correct) once i click next it shows the spinning animation then it just comes back to the same page with no error or explanation, i have tried it in several test domains and its the same thing, it also happened with the free gavick 3.0 template? can anyone tell me why?

thank you
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:28 am
What is your PHP and mysql version ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm
Hello bkrztuk
MySQL version is 5 and PHP 5.3
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:20 pm
So now i just tried it with Bikestore and it does exactly the same thing, its weird because i've never had this problem before. I host with dreamhost, the MyQL is 5 and it is using PHP 5.2 just to test i used their one-click install and it installed Joomla 2.5.7 which is the same as your quick install and i was able to add your template after that but i wanted it to load with the layout you setup.

thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am
Firstly you wrote that you have PHP 5.3 now that 5.2, what is the final version ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm
the first time I tried it I used 5.3 but that didn't work so I tried it using 5.2 which did exactly the same thing it got stuck on the DB page I wanted to be sure I tried everything. so the one I have setup right now is 5.2
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:24 pm
I have actually managed to get it installed but i had to use the one click install from my host, then just install the template, of course that means i have to set everything up from scratch and don't get the full layout wit content that Gavick laid out which is a really nice thing to have as a starting point.

I have not seen anyone else complaining about it but since i have tried several and have not managed to get it to work i wanted to be sure you kew.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am
It is surely related with your hosting settings, please increase the memory_limit, max_execution_time variables in PHP configuration - this should resolve your problems.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am
thank you I will try that
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:15 pm
I am having the same problem with hostgator shared server. The maximum memory is 256 with my hosting plan. How should I do, I really need the quickinstall package installed. Is there a work around?

By the way, I have not problem at all with J2.5
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 am
Please try to change also mySQL configuration, espeically increase max_allowed_packet value
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.