View Pages with variable width

AppSite - Professional Business Template for Joomla support forum.
GK User
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:56 pm
I do not know why, but I find myself with the site that is not paginated in the columns of a fixed size. Vary according to what I widen the browser window, but I can not figure out what to do to bring them back to the origin.

This is the link:

http://www.infocondominio.eu
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:24 pm
Hi

Can You please tell me the exact url to the page where I can see this ?

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:49 am
Good morning,
certain answers, sometimes I do not understand if they are generated by the fact that I can not express myself in English, or because someone has an interest in writing a post more.
I put the link to the site, all pages behave in the manner described in the previous post.
The dimension size is always horizontal variable, do not understand what I modified for he did not come that way.

Thanks to those who will want to give me a real answer.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:06 pm
I installed the site all over again, starting from the quick star.
I have not made any changes and the result is the same.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 pm
Hi

I simply did not understood Your question and was thinking it's about a module I need to find in Your site. Now Your screens made it clear.

The size of the site is configured in template settings. I can see Your site is already set to 1002px. If this setting is not working, than it may be a bug. If yes than please show me this site and I'll check it. Your site looks ok, so I'm not sure if this is the one I should test. Anyway this css class is responsible fore it and You can always override it:

Code: Select all
.gkWrap {
    width: 1000px !important;
}

GK User
Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:29 pm
Hello and thanks for your reply.

The problem can not be solved by changing the width of the page.
I think there is a bug in the template because even installing the templates from scratch does not change anything with the central module all shifted to the left, and the size of the columns variable.
Think to fix it?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 pm
Hi

I'll help with the fix, but please show me this broken website. Under the mentioned url: http://www.infocondominio.eu I can see is ok. Also my copy of quickstart is looking fine.

GK User
Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:14 am
This is what I am viewing on the web
scr10.jpg

and t
scr10.jpg
his is what should be
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:53 pm
Hi

Today I cannot see it at all :( Anyway the screens looks like You have a validation error on Your site. Unfortunately I cannot check it to confirm, becauase this is all I can see right now:

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
I restored the state as it was yesterday.
I'm doing the tests because I can not find solution with this template
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:59 am
hi

Ok. It's like before, but I still cannot see the issue You are showing on Your screens. Please take a look at my screens from different browsers. It looks ok everytime.

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 am
I checked from PC and the screens are actually like in your attachments.
From Mac does not work, even with Chrome, which I am attaching the screen, you can see that the final text of the column is cut off.
In Firefox and Safari the columns infinitely variable and again the final text of the column is cut off.
In any case, even on a PC where the display is correct in general, there is the whole central part of the image with a blue background with the design and the 2 lines of text below, which are not centered, they are all moved to the left also in the images that you have attached.
It seems to me that the template is completely to be reviewed. The time to get some feedback from you is very long. For me it is not easy to manage the work in this way.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:53 am
I'm not longer able to edit the post, so I add here.
On Mac are not visible even the menu of the second level, while on PC are visible.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:46 am
Hi

I'm using Mac and I've made this screen on it. Maybe it's something wrong with browser ? Do You have any extra plugins installed ?

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:22 am
Hi

I have web developer I have installed on Firefox, but in other browsers there are no plug-ins. The operating system is the 10.7.5 update.
I checked if the problem was only mine, but it is not. Also other Mac the problem remains.
I also pointed out that even in your views the central part was off center.
In the end I decided to change the template to one of another club.
As I've already said, for me it is very difficult to carry on a project site if I have ti take weeks to get to the solution of a problem.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:36 am
Hi

Sorry to hear that. If only I would be able to see the problem I'm sure would be able to help. But I've been checking it on 3 computers and it always looks the same as on my screens from my main machine. I was not able to reproduce the error You have mentioned in Your first added screenshot.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.