Contact us! Emailing system problem?

Modern and unique personal portfolio Joomla template ideal for work presentation - support forum.
GK User
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am
Hi everyone,

I have got a very interesting question. I have noticed that in the Joomla defauly contact us emailing system, if anyone put an email ID(which is mandatory of-course) with an @ and .com with anything it still sends and email to me. For example if anyone put [email protected] as an email it should come back an error message saying the email is incorrect! Where as it still sends an email? I have tried with different email ids like [email protected] or [email protected], it still sends email? Can someone please explain this and tell me what do I have to do to make it perfect?

Thanks again.
Senior Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 am
Hi,
it is probably related with default validation Joomla rules and some regular expression. Please ask on forum joomla community.

teitbite
Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:37 am
Hi

Script is only checking if @ and . are in proper places, but I think You are talking about hundreds of mails being send to You from strange mails. I advice to use reCaptcha to make it harder for bots to fill the contact us form.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.