Firefox issue with module

Modern and unique personal portfolio Joomla template ideal for work presentation - support forum.
GK User
Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 pm
Greetings!

Ok, so in the Pixellove demo site, there is a module (I think) with the title "Full Service
Motion Graphics" with a vimeo video below it. I love this setup, and want to keep it, but of course, I want to change the title and what video is there. So I changed the title from "Full Service
Motion Graphics" to simply "Featured Video" and suddenly the vimeo video disappeared, and now the whole layout looks crazy in firefox (scroll to the right. . . wow), but it still looks just fine in Chrome.

I guess I have a couple questions here:

1) How can I get it back to how it was so that the layout looks the same as the demo when using firefox?

2) Where does the vimeo embed code go? I am looking in the editor where I put the title for the module and I don't see where the embed code goes. Is the embed code treated like an article? Thanks!

You all are doing great work here, by the way. :)

Here is my site: http://www.freightpaint.com
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 pm
Hi,
you didn't see this code becasue you open module using one of joomla editors. It doesn't allow vime code. So when you edited settings and change title you lose vimeo code. Please go to global settings, set editors option to none and then edit this module and add:
Code: Select all
<p><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/8889953?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;color=6b9ccf" width="469" height="264" frameborder="0"></iframe></p>

and set url to your own video.

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 am
Thanks! That fixed the vimeo issue. I am sorry if that was more of a joomla question, as opposed to a Gavick template question.

The problem is that now that I made that change, the module still looks crazy in firefox. It looks perfect in chrome, but it is all messed up in Firefox. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Here is the site with the messed up module. I swear all I did was try and add some vimeo embed code and then change the module title. Yikes!

http://www.freightpaint.com/

By the way, great support so far by the mods. Thanks guys!
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 am
Please try add to overrride.css
#gkBodyWrap {
    float: left;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:54 pm
Thanks for your help. I added the code above to override.css and enabled css override in advanced settings, and it is still way off to the right. It looks fine in Chrome, but not in Firefox. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks :)

http://www.freightpaint.com/
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm
I didn't see an edit post option, so I'm double posting :blush:

Using firebug, this is the code for the module that isn't working in firefox

<div id="gkBottom1" class="gkMain ">

in case that helps
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:23 am
@Lui406 please send me Private Message with access to your joomla back-end. And remember add link to this topic too.

Konrad M
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am
@Lui406 I got your message and checked. On my ff now is looking good. As same as chrome.

GK User
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, it did not fix it in my version of Firefox. I am using FF 18.0, and it says that it is currently up to date. I cleared my history and refreshed everything, but still, that module is way off to the right. I have had several other people check on their browsers as well, and that module is stuck way to the right and you have to scroll about 900 pixels to the right to see it. Still looks perfect in chrome. Sorry to keep asking. Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 pm
Can you send me some pic how it looks on your FF ?

GK User
Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am
Sure, here it is. Thanks again for helping, the support has been great :D

Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm
Please try this code in override.css
#gkBottomWrap {
    width: 96%;
}

and remember to enable override.css in template settings.

GK User
Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 am
You're awesome! That was it, thanks man. Thanks for the great support. Hopefully I can take it from here.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 pm
Konrad M wrote:Please try this code in override.css
#gkBottomWrap {
    width: 96%;
}

and remember to enable override.css in template settings.

I got the same situation in Firefox, but the above doesn't work when using 'white' colour scheme because it cuts the left and right margin of the template and with grey menu background it looks terrible... The template seems not to be working well with Firefox. Please solve the problem.
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am
@piobanka please give me url to your website. It will be much easier to help you.

GK User
Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:28 pm
Konrad M wrote:@piobanka please give me url to your website. It will be much easier to help you.

Here it is: www.audiencefx.eu
THX,
Fresh Boarder

Konrad M
Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:34 pm
please add to override.css
#gkBottomWrap {
    clear: both;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 pm
Konrad M wrote:please add to override.css ...

Thanks a lot! Works perfect.
p.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.