How to disable tablet and mobile version; Problem with cache

AppsPro Tech - Quickly create elegant website with this app WordPress theme.
GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am
Hello, experts! I am writing from Russia and I need your help :) My English isn't perfect.. I apologize.

I started using AppsProTech theme on my website and faced a number of problems.

First, how can I disable a tablet and a mobile version of the theme? I want to see the site structure the same on all devices as in the PC version (as an example, the site apple.сom, there is no mobile version. Page is displayed completely, users can increase display of page for better navigation and reading a text)

Second, if you can help with the first issue, I will face the second. How the main menu will look in mobile version? It will be like on the PC?

Third, now my question is related to the browser cache. I noticed that if I change any image on hosting and refresh the page in a browser, the image stays old, until I clear the cache. I think it's not right, because ordinary users do not clean the browser cache and when will re-visit the site they will see the old information. Is there a solution to this problem?

I hope you can help me! Thank you! ;)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 am
Hello,

Unfortunately there's no option to disable tablet/mobile version, of course you can just remove this code from layouts/responsive_css.php file:

Code: Select all
<?php

// check the dependicies for the tablet.css file
if(get_option($tpl->name . "_shortcodes3_state", 'Y') == 'Y') {
   wp_enqueue_style('gavern-tablet', gavern_file_uri('css/tablet.css'), array('gavern-shortcodes-template'), false, '(max-width: '. get_option($tpl->name . '_tablet_width', '800') . 'px)');
} elseif(get_option($tpl->name . "_shortcodes2_state", 'Y') == 'Y') {
   wp_enqueue_style('gavern-tablet', gavern_file_uri('css/tablet.css'), array('gavern-shortcodes-elements'), false, '(max-width: '. get_option($tpl->name . '_tablet_width', '800') . 'px)');
} elseif(get_option($tpl->name . "_shortcodes1_state", 'Y') == 'Y') {
   wp_enqueue_style('gavern-tablet', gavern_file_uri('css/tablet.css'), array('gavern-shortcodes-typography'), false, '(max-width: '. get_option($tpl->name . '_tablet_width', '800') . 'px)');
} else {
   wp_enqueue_style('gavern-tablet', gavern_file_uri('css/tablet.css'), array('gavern-extensions'), false, '(max-width: '. get_option($tpl->name . '_tablet_width', '800') . 'px)');
}
// mobile.css is always loaded after the tablet.css file
wp_enqueue_style('gavern-mobile', gavern_file_uri('css/mobile.css'), array('gavern-tablet'), false, '(max-width: '. get_option($tpl->name . '_mobile_width', '800') . 'px)');
?>

but you'll have a problem with menu etc, why do you want to remove it, really a lot of people use tablet/mobiles to browse internet.

Regarding cache problem, don't you have any cache plugin? Which images exactly do you mean? because widgets like GK News Show Pro have cache option - just change this option to 0.

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:23 pm
Piotr, thank you for your detailed answer!

I do not want, but I have to do that, because of the form of my partners to search for flights and hotels. Form is displayed on the site using the script, I can not edit its properties.
good.JPG

And when I go to the site from the device with display resolution lower than 980px - the form is not visible (like on attached image)
not_good.JPG

I don't have any cache plugin. I'm talking about main logo, background image for an example.

Thank you for your support!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 pm
I did what you said. Great, but now I must think of how to make the page not shrink and keep width at least 980px. :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm
For an example:

image.png

This is a WP site. When I open it on my smartphone. I want to see my site on AppsProTech like that.

If it would be possible to do this, it would be great! But I don't know how to do it yet.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:42 pm
Add this code into css/override.css file (first enable this option from template options -> advanced tab)
.gk-page {
width: 980px!important;
}

but then you'll have to scroll the site horizontally.
I think that better idea is to adjuts your hotel and flights form to mobile/tablet devices, but of course it's your choice.

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm
I'm sorry, Piotr, I'm newbie in the WP, but I understood what did you mean and now I have some ideas.

And thank you for that code which you gave me, but I realized it slightly differently. I'll write how later..not on PC at the moment.

And now, I have what I wanted, but not without problem. Problem is when I open website on mobile device, it does not show page completely. Displayed left, upper corner at the maximum magnification. I think this is difficult to understand, so I attached image.

Good: https://app.box.com/s/00szvrtzbu810cstbh3w

Not good: https://app.box.com/s/00szvrtzbu810cstbh3w

I think somewhere is a code which regulate it.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm
You attached the same screenshot (in both links)

GK User
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 pm
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:18 pm
I'm sorry bu I wrote you that now you'll have to scroll the website horizontally, BTW could you provide an URL to your website? (here or via PM), then i'll try to help.

GK User
Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:16 pm
I thought about your words and decided to take your advice about the hotels and tickets forms in the mobile version, and use your mobile version.

Can I ask you, did you create this theme, or you worked in a team? Whatever, theme is cool!

I promised to write how I solved the problem with fixing the width of the page without adaptation to screen resolution.
I added this code: min-width: 980px; in /wp-content/themes/AppsProTech/css/template.css
body {
   min-height: 100%;
   background: #f9f9f9;
   font-size: 14px;
   line-height: 2;
   color: #7d7b7a;
   min-width: 980px;
}

And of course I'll write about my site on AppsProTech when it'll be ready in the corresponding topic in this forum.

And thank you for your patience in answering my amateurish questions. They'll be more. :)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:45 pm
I still have a problem with the cache. Today changed images (slides) in the widget GK Image Show, but when you open the page displays the old image until you clear the cache. This is because the files have the same name (slide1, slide2, logo etc.) What to do? I see just one solution..use different names of files.

And one more thing. How can I change color of this element?
quote.JPG
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:39 am
Images in the mobile version low quality, isn't it? Can I disable this feature?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:37 am
Hi,

Great to hear that you like this theme, we work as a team, I only adapted this theme for WP (from Joomla version). Regarding the problem with the cache - it's problem with WP Media Library - you should use another filenames.

Qoute elements are images, so you should switch images from: AppsProTech/images/style1/typography/open2.png (close2.png).

And which exactly images are low quality? in GK Image Show? Could you give me a screenshot?

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:35 am
Hi,

I like more than half of your work, if to be honest. :D

No, in the GK Image Show quality is perfect on every devices. Main logo, menu and social buttons, logo of gavern framework are low quality, but on the desktop version they are perfect. You can see this actually in demo on your site.

https://app.box.com/s/7705t7w7qepbpvc5eufj

https://app.box.com/s/20nhxew4auxcucx62jo2

In the screenshots it is not noticeable as on the smartphone screen...
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm
Which exactly mobile device are you using?

GK User
Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:51 pm
iPhone 5, iPad 4..the same result. Browser is Safari. iOS 7.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 am
with retina screen, right? Unfortunately this theme is not the newest one and not every image looks good on retina display.
You can change your images e.g. to svg format.

GK User
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm
Oh, thank you, Piotr! I'll try.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:26 am
I'm here) Is it possible to transfer menu from theme like Shop and Buy?
menu.JPG
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 am
Hi,

Yes, but it's a lot of work and unfortunately it's beyond our technical support.

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am
Okay, I just asked))

One more question. How do you think, allowed to use "Toggle text (closed)" on homepage or another by the SEO? Will be ignored texts by search engines, or not?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 pm
Text inside the toggler (closed) will be visible for search engines, so no worries.

GK User
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 pm
Piotr, hi. Thanks.

Widget GK Image Show does not respond to set rules for displaying it. if you include the widget only on the Desktop, it will still appear on the mobile version.

This problem is in the clear QuickStart too..

How to fix that?(
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 am
Hi,

You're right, this widget on the header area doesn't have style and rules specified.
You have to edit gavern/config/widgets.json file and replace "Header" fragment with this fragment:
{
      "name": "Header",
      "id": "header",
      "description": "Widgets area on the header of website",
      "before_widget": "<div id=\"%1$s\" class=\"box %2$s\">",
      "after_widget": "</div>",
      "before_title": "",
      "after_title": "",
      "amount":"6"
   },

GK User
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am
Piotr, hi!

You wrote: You can change your images e.g. to svg format.

Can you tell me which converter from .png is good for that?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:20 am
Adobe Illustrator or some online converter, or you can create new svg files.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.