How to display of headings in the module News Show Pro GK5

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:37 pm
Report this post
How to display of headings in the module News Show Pro GK5 on the main page of a site ?
Standard option for this template in GK5 is News Gallery.
This option doesn't show headings of articles under pictures and doesn't allow to do the description on a green background which appears when a mouse over the picture.
The option Title Overlay of the GK5 module outputs only the first picture and heading from the first article, the module doesn't output other 3 articles.
I have New Show Pro GK5 version 1.2.1
I need to remove headings or добавть signatures to pictures as users don't understand where it is necessary to press!!!
In this drawing http://f3.s.qip.ru/Tn5efGcW.png necessary positions are specified. Position of 2 pos. corresponds to a conclusion of heading of article.
I will be grateful to you for the help with display at least headings of articles!!!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

Can You please show me Your site ? This style has an option to display headers, so I thing there must be something wron with settings. Send me an access to joomla panel as well.

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:05 pm
Report this post
I sent you login and password to PM
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. I can see that this module style was designed to show only the image, there is no option to show a header (as You can see in a demo of this style here: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/creativity/). Please try using a different module style than.

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:27 pm
Report this post
So I also wrote already that other style of the module doesn't work correctly in this template and as to correct it I don't know at present. Ready Title Overlay style, but it doesn't work
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:17 am
Report this post
Hi

I've missed this part that other styles are not working as well. Has just tried to login to panel again, but looks like You have a htpass set on admin paned now. Can You please send me an access to this area now ?

GK User
Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:00 pm
Report this post
I sent data for access as PM
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:10 am
Report this post
Hi

I think the problem was that the module css file was disabled in module advanced settings, right now all styles are displaying correctly. Please check and let me know.

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 pm
Report this post
Styles Title Overlay and Centred Title Overlay not work correctly.
The picture of only the first article is output.
You can look) Only the heading is in the right place
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:20 am
Report this post
Hi

You are right. Why I haven't spotted it earlier? Please update the module to the latest version and let me know if it makes a difference. I'll send this to programmers than.

GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 am
Report this post
I have the last version of the module. Send a request to programmers
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:41 am
Report this post
Hi

I've send Your access to programmers. Will inform You when I'll get an answer.

teitbite
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:59 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Looks like it was designed this way and there is way to make it show more articles with this styles.

Here is what programmers answered.

Yes, you cannot display more articles, because these portal modes supports only one article due their layout.

GK User
Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 am
Report this post
So why Overlay title style doesn't work?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 pm
Report this post
Hi

I believe exactly becuase of the same thing. It was design to only show one article. There is no option to select a number of them anyway. NSP GK5 is treated more like Image Show where there are styles made per template and than can be used on different templates, so if only one article was required to show in template during creation than it was done this way.

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:16 am
Report this post
Display of one article is limited by a template as in settings of the module it is told nothing about one article.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:52 pm
Report this post
Hi

Here is a screen I've made in NSP GK5 module on a site not using Gavick template. As You can see there is no option to select a number of articles which means that this style is designed to show only one article. But this limitation is done to some styles only. For example "Standard Mode" has a lot of options.

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:06 pm
Report this post
Thanks, I understood
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:20 pm
Report this post
Hi

Great. I know it's confusing, because I had the same problem as You, but programmers explained it to me and if make sense if You treat module modes as designed styles, so they do not need to support all options default mode provides.

GK User
Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:42 am
Report this post
The conclusion of headings of articles or names a separate tag is very necessary - http://f4.s.qip.ru/Tn5efGUd.png !
Prompt how to make it? That it is necessary to add in a code.
It is very necessary for carrying out the correct advertizing campaign!!!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:45 pm
Report this post
Hi

It's easy to achieve with a default mode. You just need to show image and header with it (I've done it for You). As next step You need to add code to override.css file and remember to allow using override in template settings:

Code: Select all
#nsp-nsp-87 .nspArt {
position: relative;
}

#nsp-nsp-87 .nspHeader {
position: absolute;
bottom: 20px;
}

Please try and let me know how it goes.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.