gkFooter out of gkContentWrapper

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:30 pm
Report this post
Hi guys,
Encountered a small weird problem on a site I'm currently working on.

URL is:
BG http://slurrystreamtech.com/bg/
EN http://slurrystreamtech.com/en/

Site is multilingual. En version is OK, but on Bg footer goes out ot the content wrapper. I have assigned 2 templates so far - one for Bulgarian and the other for all other languages.

To me this is template issue, not module one. Please help.
Thanks,
Nick
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:46 am
Report this post
Hi

Site is offline. I'll need an access to see the problem. You can send it to my email [email protected]

teitbite
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:23 pm
Report this post
Hi

Just found Your mail, but I'm afraid the access is not working. I'm getting this message: "Погрешно въведена парола". Please send me correct access.

GK User
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm
Report this post
It says "Wrong password". just checked and was able to use account for both backend or use site. Please note that site grants access sometimes after entering user/pass for a second time.

Sent you a second mail about that.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:28 pm
Report this post
Hi

Indeed it worked 3rd time I tried. Looks like You have a validation error on the site. Most probably in a content You've added. Try disable module after module till You will see the footer appearing correctly. The last disabled before that will need a closer look into. I would look for a missing </div> tag.

GK User
Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:30 am
Report this post
Thanks for the effort teitbite,
I have installed some extra protection against intruders and probably this caused your trouble with logging in.

I'll try and debug where's the error coming from. I shall post here if found.

Keep on doing such quality work. I appreciate it. ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:06 pm
Report this post
I fixed it. Thanks again teitbite for the idea.

For the record,

Problem was that I had chosen "Featured articles" for the homepage to display some text. This menu choice was spoiling the design of the page moving Footer's <div> out of the "gkContentWrapper" div. Simply changed the menu to a "Single article" pointing to the same article and voila.

No wrong <divs> in the page source. It is some kind of a bug of Joomla 3.7 or conflict with the theme. Didn't investigate it further.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:53 am
Report this post
Hi

It still caused the lack of </div> or added an extra <div> opening. Which resulted in validation error.

It's possible, that cutting the article to show the shortened text has cut some html in half causing this issue.

Any way I'm happy You've been able to figure out a workaround. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.