Single template - multiple styles???

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:04 pm
Report this post
Hello,
Is it possible to use a single template, but utilize the specific styles within the template to provide unique looks for different pages?

I know that Joomla supports multiple templates and I'm familiar with how this is accomplished.
I do not want to make multiple calls to multiple templates & their support files.

I want to re-use as many shared elements as possible and eliminate the need to maintain multiple folders of similar graphic files.

Can you let me know if this is possible, and how it might be achieved?

Thanks in advance!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:19 pm
Report this post
I'm getting the results I'm looking for by simply copying the instance of the singular template.
However, is there anyway to use the pattern selectors to use unique image backgrounds on different pages?

I've had some luck editing the template.css to achieve this (and simply pointing to m y desired image & editing the background-size & background-coverage tags, but it breaks the 'imagebg' suffix on certain modules.

What am I missing here to achieve the described results?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

suffix is attached to a page by id. Please take a look at this example to learn how to do this: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

For the specific look of different styles I would advice to use Custom CSS field to add changes per style. This field is loaded from database not file directly, so changes can be unique to each style.

GK User
Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:08 pm
Report this post
Thank you, most appreciated.
I'll research this fully & post back should I not get desired results.

Appreciate your assistance.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Just let me know if You will need some more explanation. I've been using this method before, so I'm sure it works fine.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.