Bug in theme width preference

Perfect responsive WordPress theme to showcase your mobile, iPad or tablet apps.
GK User
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 pm
Hi,

I want to set up theme width from 1070 to 1120, all pieces in home changes to the new width but header part is not changing.

I think this is a bug in theme.. Until a fix will be provided, could you let me know where I should tweak to get a quick fix?

Thanks in advance
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:57 am
Hello,

I've checked this option on my Bluap installations and seems to work properly, could you send me a PM with backend access to your website?

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 pm
Hi,

I've checked your website (changed width to 1120), it's ok, also with the header, but your header background image: Bluap/images/style2/header_bg_solid.jpg has width 1070px so it looks like the the header is still 1070, you should change the background or use backgorund-size: cover CSS rule.

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:18 pm
Ok, Thanks, since the bg image its from the main Bluap theme I thought it was a bug, but I can change it myself.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:25 pm
One more thing,

I saw that in a mobile device (I'm testing in iPhone5) the images in the header are not showing. I only see the main text and the READ ME button.

This is important since the header in mobile it's the greatest zone of impact for users coming to the web.

It's a bug?

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:59 am
Hello,

It's not a bug, on very small screens the container with the image is hidden.
You can change it by removing this fragment from css/mobile.css file:

Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk-bluap .figure > div:first-child {
display: none;
}

but probably you'll need other visual modifications of the header in this case.

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:42 am
Hi Piotr,

in my override.css I use display:inline;"
This make the image appears, but it does over the text and button, Could you share some advice to how make it layout as in desktop? (text and button left and image right)

Another point missing in mobile is the lack of dots ,can I make visible? (I'm as well considering in turn on animation to auto)

Thanks for the support

Carlos
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 pm
Add also this code into override.css file:

Code: Select all
.gk-is-wrapper-gk-bluap .figcaption {
    width: 50%!important;
}

.gk-is-wrapper-gk-bluap.loaded .gk-is-pagination {
display: block;
}

GK User
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:00 pm
Thanks Piotr,

that worked! :)
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.