Receiving multiple fatal errors

Perfect responsive WordPress theme to showcase your mobile, iPad or tablet apps.
GK User
Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:38 am
Hello,

I have been using Bluap for many months for a website. It has worked very well; thank you. At some point in the past 8 weeks, we have started receiving many errors. We use Pantheon as a service to host Wordpress in a cloud environment. We are unable to clear our cache because of the errors encountered. These errors, according to our developer, appear to be appearing in the Bluap code, which he has not modified.
He hot fixed one error, but more have sprung up with this. I am not sure how to resolve. I would greatly appreciate some assistance. I am posting some log data below:

php-error log:
[24-Dec-2015 23:08:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_json() on a non-object in /srv/bindings/16abd030327e4626ae14b6c3fa1f8e64/code/wp-content/themes/Bluap/gavern/functions.php on line 131

Before hot-fix, the php error log read:
[14-Dec-2015 22:10:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_json() on a non-object in /srv/bindings/16abd030327e4626ae14b6c3fa1f8e64/code/wp-content/themes/Bluap/functions.php on line 150

Server error log:
# Function Location
1 gavern_widgets_init() /wp-content/themes/Bluap/gavern/functions.php:131
2 gavern_widgets_init() :null
3 call_user_func_array(gavern_widgets_init, Array ([0] => )) /wp-includes/plugin.php:525
4 do_action(widgets_init) /wp-includes/widgets.php:1463
5 wp_widgets_init() :null
6 call_user_func_array(wp_widgets_init, Array ([0] => )) /wp-includes/plugin.php:525
7 do_action(init) phar:///opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar/php/wp-settings-cli.php:405
8 unknown() phar:///opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:736
9 WP_CLI\Runner->load_wordpress() phar:///opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar/php/WP_CLI/Runner.php:697
10 WP_CLI\Runner->start() phar:///opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar/php/wp-cli.php:21
11 unknown() phar:///opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar/php/boot-phar.php:5
12 unknown() /opt/wp-cli/wp-cli.phar:4
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:46 am
Hello,

I'm not sure if these errors are connected with the theme, what PHP version are you using? Did you try to enable default WordPress theme like TwentyFifteen and check the errors then?

GK User
Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:35 am
We are running PHP 5.5, using Pantheon.io for hosting. We activated the Twenty-eleven theme and the errors stopped and it was possible to clear the cache without errors occurring.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:38 am
Additional information from the hosting provider, whom we have pushed to also help us resolve this:
You are running PHP 5.5 and you are running WordPress, and I am not sure I follow your developer’s logic. An application performs differently on different infrastructures; hence, it is a best practice to debug on the infrastructure you use, see: http://12factor.net/dev-prod-parity . So, I beg to differ, it’s not fair to say it doesn’t work “only on Pantheon” It’s the main reason we provide a dev environment.

Please ask your developer to figure out what you are sending to get_json() that isn’t an object or path. See:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_json() on a non-object in /srv/bindings/16abd030327e4626ae14b6c3fa1f8e64/code/wp-content/themes/Bluap/functions.php on line 150,

and since you commented 150 out, now it errors on:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_json() on a non-object in /srv/bindings/16abd030327e4626ae14b6c3fa1f8e64/code/wp-content/themes/Bluap/gavern/functions.php on line 131

Maybe start by having him output: global $tpl; and //load and parse template JSON file. $json_data = $tpl→get_json(‘config’,‘widgets’); and see what is happening.

You can comment that out too, but that may just be whack-a-mole.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 am
Could you send me a private message with your website backend and FTP access? Then I'll be able to check the issue.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.