Remove widgets on frontpage and buttons

Perfect responsive WordPress theme to showcase your mobile, iPad or tablet apps.
GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:23 pm
Hi Sir,
I have 2 questions:
1/I would like to deactivate all the widgets on the frontpage except the top GK image show and the Footer (keep in touch...)
How do I do that? I am really struggling to master the configurations of this amazing template

2/ How to add 2 buttons in GK Image show (like the Get the App)? The Alternative Text accepts only 1 button.

Thanks,
Ely
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:36 pm
elykatembo wrote:1/I would like to deactivate all the widgets on the frontpage except the top GK image show and the Footer (keep in touch...)

I meant remove Widget AREA. I just want to keep two areas. I think I need to edit a php file but I dont know which one and how.
Many thanks,
Ely
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 pm
Hi,

Widget areas lists you can find in gavern/config/widgets.json file. Then you can remove areas from Bluap/layouts directory (before, after.php files), thir article about adding new widget area should be helpful:
http://www.gavick.com/documentation/wor ... ess-theme/

Regarding the additionall buttons in the header - GK Image Show from this theme was designed only with one button support. You can try to add second button directly in the GK Image Show php file (gavern/widgets.imageshow.php)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.