Create a informative community!

GK User
Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:35 am
Hi guys, I need your help with these...

I would like to have a blog, where users can create new topics. Something very similar to what we have here in Gavick.
How I can create something where users can edit their profiles , photograph and view the topics that have been published or initiated .

I would appreciate your support as the main success of this site is that .... it is an informative community

I don't know if is necessary yo add a special plugin... like buddy press... o it is not necessary?

Thanks for all your support
Gold Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:58 am
Hi,

If you want to allow your website users to create new topics, you have to use a forum plugin.
Please check the following article:
http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-bes ... wordpress/

Unfortunately the Box theme doesn't support this kind of plugin, so you'll have to style the forum elements.

GK User
Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:18 pm
Hi Joshua....

Could you please help me!!

I install de bbpress... it the more simple.. but... now I am having difficulty setting the theme style .. These bullets appear in each title of "index forum" .. I would remove them.

There will be some way to edit or resize the text user name.

Please, please help me solve this issue

Thanks a lot
Gold Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:08 am
The Box theme doesn't support this plugin, so it can't match to theme style. Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so I'll try to remove the bullets.

GK User
Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:38 pm
Hi Josh

I already send you! :)
Gold Boarder

Joshua M
Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:28 am
Hi,
Try to add the following custom css code:
Code: Select all
#bbpress-forums ul li:before {
  display: none;
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.