Menu pop-up works on laptop but not on i-pad

GK User
Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 pm
hi, I noticed that the menu pop-up for the box wordpress theme does not work properly.
On a computer or laptop and with standard screen size, you can move over a menu tab and the pop-up will appear to make a selection. However, once you make the screensize smaller, all of a sudden the pop-up no longer appears. You still see the little arrow, indicating that there is a selection, but when you move over it, nothing happens. The same problem on tablet size or i-pad. On a smartphone there is no problem as the menu is shown by the 3 little bars and this will then show all the options.

I've noticed that this problem is also visible in your demo of the box wordpress theme.
How can this be solved?

[url]andyhuariphotography.be[/url]
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:51 am
Hello,

Unfortunately I can't see the issue, is it the main menu (top right corner?)

GK User
Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm
this is the menu I was referring to. In the tab portfolio and pakketten no submenu appears on the i-pad or when you make the size of the screen smaller on a laptop. This also is a problem on your demo when you check it on a tablet or ipad when it is used horizontally. Please try on a tablet and you will see what I mean.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:25 am
Hello,

Now I can see the issue.
Please edit Box/header.php file and change the following fragment:
Code: Select all
data-tablet-width="<?php echo get_theme_mod('box_tablet_width', 1040); ?>"

into:
Code: Select all
data-tablet-width="<?php echo get_theme_mod('box_tablet_width', 980); ?>"

We'll fix it with the next theme update. Thanks for the feedback.

GK User
Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:57 am
hello, I've changed the code as mentioned but I do not see any change. Could you please check again? :(
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:55 am
Please check the demo website - I've added this modification and it works properly - the same with my local Box installation.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.