Joomla 3.7.2 and box template -> products not displayed well

25 April, 2016
GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 2:52 pm
Hello,
I have made a test before doing it on the online site, and I am glad I dit that.
I first upgraded virtuemart to 3.2.2 and everything was ok.
I then upgraded joomla from 3.6.5 to 3.7.2 and the product page was broken. Not displaying the correct layout at all.
I was runing box template version 1.0.0 so I was not too surprised.Then I upraded box template to version 1.0.3 and nothing changed though it is written this version is compatible with joomla 3.7 and virtuemart.
Product page is still broken. See image.
brocken-product-layout.jpg

Clicking on add to cart button does not work either. The cart is empty an instead of having the choice of continuing or going to the cart it send directly to the cart.
Hope someone there can help.

Regards
Kris
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 3:28 pm
I forgot to tell I was testing with php version 7.0.15
I have just tested with php 5.6.30 (the version I run on the online site) and the result is different
here is the message with this version :
error-0.jpg

I think that this could help
Kris
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 3:50 pm
I even tried to view the site with an iphone 7 and the home page is really not responsive and has nothing compared to your demo site or the online site.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 4:09 pm
better with images:
bad-looking.png
normal-looking.png

This is all that I can show you. I could give access to my mamp testing site on my computer if needed.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 8:54 pm
For the problem when clicking on a product, I found the problem (bug).
I do not know wether it is a virtuemart problem or a template problem. But it worked well before I updated virtuemart to 3.2.2 (still under joomla 3.6.5).
In fact in a menu, when showing a category of products, without showing the subcategories, it makes a bug when clicking on the products. The template is broken in this case and the product is not displayed correctly.
See image :
bug-show-categories.jpg
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 pm
I opened a ticker on virtuemart forum
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137597.0
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 27, 2017 2:20 pm
Hi

Templates are not updated to new VM version yet. Please downgrade to last working version and wait till updated packages will be released.

GK User
Mon May 29, 2017 8:25 am
Hello Teitbite,
Do you think it is planned to be updated and if yes, is it in june ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 am
Hi

Programmers are working on the update right now, so I would expect it any day soon. Please observer https://www.gavick.com/updates to be notified.

GK User
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:40 pm
Yesssss !! This is great then ! I am looking forward ton installing the update to have it working correctly with the latest updates of virtuemart and joomla. :D
It would be great to have your roadmap on the updates. Because it is not written anywhere that it is being in developpement.
Regards
Kris
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 am
Hi

As soon update will be ready all informations about which files were modified will be on the updte page, so it will be easy just to swap those files.

GK User
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 am
hello,
Do you have a plan for updates ? Because for the moment, I only know that box joomlma template will be updated, but I am unable to tell my client if it will be next week or next month or any other date.
Thanks for your information.
Regards
Kris
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm
Hi

All I know is that work is in progress, but it's a complete rewrite of the VM overrides in our templates, so not sure when it will be ready.

GK User
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:14 pm
Work in progress means that it is started, not that it is planned. This should be a good piece of news, because I guess the staff will not spend weeks on it. Fingers crossed..
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 pm
Hi

Yes, work is in progress. In bugtracker post about the update I've already submited 17 known issues with the newest VM, so I know programmers has a lot to work on. unfortunately no news what point they are at right now.

GK User
Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:53 am
Hello,
I have seen that box was updated yesterday. Do you have information about virtuemart ? Is it compatible with the lastest version of virtuemart ?
Regards
Kris
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm
Hi

I was told that the most fragile pieces was patched, so it should be possible to update, but I had no chance to test it myself, so if You can try it on copy first than it would be best.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.