Template custom override folder

25 April, 2016
GK User
Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:07 pm
Hello,

I'm trying to make any changes in less files, but I don't know the best way to do.

In the "Template custom override folder" list of the "basic settings" tab appear a new option "XXXXXX" because I was create a new folder "/templates/gk_overrides/XXXXXX".

In this directory, I was put several files: "override.less", "template.less", "variables.less" .... and when the "recompile less" option is enabled, many css files are created in the "/templates/gk_box/css" folder ("mailto.XXXXXX.css", "mobile.XXXXXX.css", "offline.XXXXXX.css", "override.XXXXXX.css", ...) but nothing about the changes made in my own override less files.

I can't found any documentation about this feature, and I'm very interested in work with this.

Can you write a little example to see this functionality?. Really, I only need the complete path of the file and a rule to change a color of any element.

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:57 am
Hi

If You are looking to only make changes to css than easier option will be to use /css/override.css file and put Your new classes there. With recompile less enabled override.css file will get cleared on every page load, so it's better to keep it disabled.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.