Background image on all pages

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:34 am
Report this post
Hi!

I am using Cloud Host template and my client wants the background image (header_wide.jpg) to be on all pages, and even on the homepage below the header, where Cloud Host uses by default the patterns. The bottom bar with links is ok to remain with dark grey background.

Here's the underconstruction website: http://www.intelihouse.ro/

Since the desired image is orange, I will also need to change all the text from orange or black into white.

Could anybody help me to solve this issues?

Thank you!
All the best,
Robert
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:03 am
Report this post
Hi,
First step :
Code: Select all
#gkPageContent {background:  orange;}
p {color: #111;}

of course add bg image url after orange color, but I hope you know basic of CSS it you took this kind of job.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:05 am
Report this post
Second step:
#gkHeader.gkNoMenu {
    padding-top: 50px;
}

to fix white background under menu for subpages.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 am
Report this post
Hi!

Thank you so much for the help! Actually, I am kind of beginner in CSS. I have tried to add the lines to override.css but the results were not as wanted, so I have added the lines to the end of template.css and the result was closer to what the client needs.
However, I had to replace the url of the pattern image with the background image in order to set the background for the article under the header on the frontpage.

Can you please help me with removing the white space between the header and bottom (I think) on the front page and the white space under the menu bar from the other pages?

Here's again the link: http://www.intelihouse.ro/

Thanks again,
All the best
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:03 pm
Report this post
I am kind of beginner in CSS .... the result was closer to what the client needs. However...

I'm not car mechanic .. but I will try to build your car and of course I will take a money for it. Sorry but CSS is basic knowledge . :whistle:

About customization we have whole section here: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ca ... -template/

Ok, about "space" please try this:
.gkColorPriceTable { padding: 0 0 70px; }

It will help you reduce this
space.png
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:13 pm
Report this post
About Logo and Menu use just this:
#gkMenuWrap {height: 70px; }

Result :
logo-2.png

and to remove gray background under logo & menu - use this:

#gkPageContent {
    margin-top: -79px;
}

More customization request PM.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.