Post-Install complete lack of content?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:42 am
Report this post
I might just be an idiot, which is fine and all, but I am stuck and looking for help.

I have fresh installed CloudHost on my GoDaddy hosting account, following instructions for manual install (no quickstart). Including verified settings provided by the configuration page associated with CloudHost. Post-installation messages report everything was successful. I changed the default template to Cloudhost as well, from the default protostar. When I load the website, there is no content except "Cloudhost" and an empty menu near top of the page, and the footer with general copywrite information on the bottom. I cannot find the premade pages.

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something? Since the pre-made pages are very close to what I am looking for, I just wanted to edit the premades and maybe make a couple new ones to suit my smaller needs. I see people mentioning they have all of the content when using Quickstart, does that mean I have to go that route to gain access to the premade content?

Thank you for your time.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:48 am
Report this post
Additionally, I found this error message, not sure if relevant to my post.

Warning
Failed loading XML file.
/home/cvarenhorst/public_html/templates//typography/
failed to load external entity "/home/cvarenhorst/public_html/templates//typography/"
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:46 am
Report this post
I managed to discover my answer, looks like I was right about needing Quickstart package. Since I cannot use Quickstart with my current host, I will set it up locally and try creating a backup to move over to my current host. If this sounds feasible please let me know.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:22 am
Report this post
I got it all figured out. I missed the info on the quickstart package page. ;)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am
Report this post
Hi

Ok. Glad it's all solved now. I'm closing this thread now. If You will have any other issues just start a new thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.