Creativity: How to set breadcrumbs background image

Responsive, suitable for any type of business, built for any needs elegant one-page Joomla template.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:36 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I'm using Creativity template, but I cannot set the background image for the breadcrumbs module.

How can I modify it?
Does it change depending on the category or article shown?

Thanks in advance
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:31 pm
Report this post
Could You please post an url to your site?

teitbite
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:34 pm
Report this post
Hi

The template option allows only one image to be apply, but I can recoment a method to make it work with different image for every page. First you will need to set page class suffixes using templat function. In this function You need to set an ID of a page and a suffix You want this page to have. For example a page with ID 123 has a suffix "cars" than You need to add the code like below to the override.css file (remamber to allow using override in template settings):

Code: Select all
body.cars #gkBreadcrumb {
    background-image: url("mages/breadcrumbs/cars.jpg");
}

GK User
Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 am
Report this post
I'll let you know as soon as I try it.

Thanks a lot for this hint.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:29 am
Report this post
Hi

Luckly I've got a screenshot of a part of the template responsible for adding page class suffix. I'll attache it in case You will have problem to find it or know how to add one.

GK User
Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:26 pm
Report this post
For translated sites it becomes very od!

I need to create a root folder such as en/images/breadcrumbs/backroundimage.jpg in order for the system to find the file. Normally I would expect to have the standard location images/ ... for this.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm
Report this post
Hi

Joomla doesn't work this way, but sure You can create such thing in template. Than a css will indicate which file to load. For example:

Code: Select all
html[lang="en-gb"] .gkBreadcrumbs {
background-image: url(../en/images/breadcrumbs/backroundimage.jpg);
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.