How can I remove the forgot your password/username

Clean, super flexible and multipurpose Joomla template with detailed design
GK User
Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:49 pm
How can I remove the "forgot your password / username" or change this message of the module login
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:48 pm
Hi

Witch version?
J!1.0 or J!1.5?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:39 pm
J 1.5
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 pm
To remove (actually, to hide)... do this:

Got to ../templates/gk_cuttingedge/html/mod_login/default.php

and find this code:

Code: Select all
<li class="pad"><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=reset' ); ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a> </li>
<li class="pad"> <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=remind' ); ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME'); ?></a> </li>

and replace with:

<li id="hide" class="pad"><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=reset' ); ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_PASSWORD'); ?></a> </li>
<li id="hide" class="pad"> <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&view=remind' ); ?>"> <?php echo JText::_('FORGOT_YOUR_USERNAME'); ?></a> </li>

Them, open the template_css.css file and add this code:

#hide {
display:none;
}

In the future, if you need to show this options on the login form, just erase the code that you put on the template_css.css file.

About the translation... well, the login form module is based on the joomla module provided, only with some style changes of our own. So, if you need translation, you need to have your native language installed on your website.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:42 pm
thanks
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.