Is elveSocial compatible with Joomla version 1.6.0?

Turn your community with elegantly JomSocial integrated and superiorly designed website
GK User
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm
I want to upgrade my Joomla from version 1.5.22 to 1.6.0 via jUpgrade (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tion/11658) and I get this error:

"Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /home/alumni6/public_html/jupgrade/templates/gk_elvesocial/libs/gk.template.helper.php on line 385"

Error.png

Is elveSocial not compatible with Joomla version 1.6.0? Or the problem was in jUpgrade itself? Can anyone help me with this? Do I need to upgrade manually? Thanks before..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:37 pm
Of course you can update Joomla but the jUpgrade don't update the template which is compatible with Joomla! 1.5 only. The get the same error in every template build for Joomla 1.5. In every template in Products -> Template we include info about compatible Joomla version

Clipboard01_2011-02-22.jpg
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 pm
bkrztuk wrote:Of course you can update Joomla but the jUpgrade don't update the template which is compatible with Joomla! 1.5 only. The get the same error in every template build for Joomla 1.5.

Oh so the template itself doesn't support Joomla version 1.6.0 yet? That's why I get the error?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:42 pm
Oh so the template itself doesn't support Joomla version 1.6.0 yet? That's why I get the error?

Yes, this is source of this error message.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:13 am
Does that mean that 90% of the template we paid for have to be trashed as Joomla 1.7 become the reference ?

Could you at least explain us how to make them work with Joomla 1.6 & 1.7 .
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 am
Hi

That's a really hard task. You will need to take one of the template form 1.7 joomal version with Gavern frmework and make the html code with css present the same look.

I belive not every old template will get to 1.7 version because an amount of time needed for working on this, but ElveSocial should be one of them.

GK User
Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:13 pm
teitbite wrote:I belive not every old template will get to 1.7 version because an amount of time needed for working on this, but ElveSocial should be one of them.

Is there an ETA for this? I was told by presales that this may be as soon as a week out. I'd be happy to help beta test.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:37 am
Hi

If sales has told You that than it should be out soon. They got fresh informations in this case.

GK User
Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:49 pm
i'm waiting for the J 2.5 version of this great template as well... hoping it would be out soon
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:49 am
Hi

Unfortunately I can see that the "Unsupported" message has appeared on the template, so there will be no J1.6 or J2.5 version of this template.

Anyway if someone needs it badly I can spare some of my private time to make it. Please mail me in private to discuss the price.

GK User
Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm
hello teitbite ,

i'm sorry to hear that, because there are some good concept designs templates in the unsupported section and it's a pity that they won't get upgraded just because they're old.

p.s

thank you for your offer i'll take that under consideration
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:04 pm
Hi

The reason is a little bit different. This older templates were using an old framework, so "update" is not a case here. Every one of this old templates will have to be developed from the beginning using Gavern (our new framework), so as I suppose will took too much time from programmers to work on a present templates/modules.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.