Broken layout after upgrading; K2 category corruption

GK User
Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:25 pm
From the Events template homepage when clicking a link from "speakers" like this:

The target loads (via categories) with a broken display like this:

The thumbnail image is loaded too high at upper left (normally, it's displayed at left of body text) and the entire screen is "clickable" meaning clicking anywhere pulls up the larger display of image - no links or anything are functional as clicking only calls for the larger image as if clicking on the thumbnail.

When trying to edit the item in K2 backend, K2 fails to save showing a blue caution icon with red x and green check.
No error message is displayed. Turning Error Reporting to Maximum also does not spit any errors. Editing any of these items within this category from front end causes the front end to crash back to homepage.

Any thoughts why this has fallen over? Ideas to fix?
Thanks

edit: the site is at www.elemental-strategy.com user Demo pass Jeff
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:59 am
Hi

Please disable bootstrap or just add this override to override.css file:

Code: Select all
.itemImageBlock .modal {
    position: static;
}

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:51 am
Thank you Teitbite. The overwrite css worked to fix the image and bring lower as intended!

However, I am still unable to save or make changes to the items within the category affected. For example, the Extra Fields have been dropped from Rochelle https://www.elemental-strategy.com/inde ... s/rochelle and Catherine https://www.elemental-strategy.com/inde ... /catherine (eg no social media links at right).

When I go to add, save the K2 Green Icon appears (and can't save). This only seems broken in 1 k2 category. If I change to another category, it lets me save Extra Fields but layout is no longer. Can you please take a look at from backend? I am happy to pay for VIP service if you want to PM. I need a few things adjusted on this site (and this issue fixed) ASAP.

Many thanks for the support. :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:54 am
I just found Notice: Undefined variable: output in /home/user/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/controllers/item.php on line 93 when clicking Extra Fields tab.

Just error reporting (set to maximum atm) or is this what may be causing the problem?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:47 am
[SOLVED] Got it!

I went into Components --> K2 --> Extra Fields
I selected every extra field that was within the Category that was causing the issue, or not allowing me to save.
I disabled 'Use editior' in any extra fields which were Type Textarea.
I next changed any to NO required (some were Yes)
Saved all.
Went back into the K2 item(s) that was causing problems, adjusted extra field data and saved without issue.

Thank you teitbite for the css override fix
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:04 pm
Hi

Great to hear You've solved it. I think it could be some database issue in K2 tables. Reinstalling K2 or using some database manager to repair tables may have fix it as well. Anyway, that was a K2 related issue, so next time You come across such issue please contact K2 support, they know their product best.

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:08 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Great to hear You've solved it. I think it could be some database issue in K2 tables. Reinstalling K2 or using some database manager to repair tables may have fix it as well. Anyway, that was a K2 related issue, so next time You come across such issue please contact K2 support, they know their product best.

Fair enough. I wasn't entirely sure if it was K2 at time of posting as was also struggling with .css placement of persons on 'Speakers' page which you helped fix with
.itemImageBlock .modal {
position: static;
}

Thanks again for the support! :D Will contact K2 directly if I suspect K2 next time.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:01 am
Hi

No problem, I would help with any extension problem if I have an idea what can be wrong, unfortunately this time it was something in core files, so K2 support will know better. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.