Extra fields not showing in mod tabs gk5

GK User
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:41 pm
Hey guys,

I'm trying to call an extra field {{website}} but i keep getting only the word and not the extra field
http://beweb.me/playmakers/index.php/pt/

How can i fix this?

Another question, can i use the intro text instead?

I tried with {{introtext}} but i got only the word "introtext".

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:12 pm
Hi, I'm having a similar issue: in the homepage, in the agenda module, I can't get {{eventhours}} working. In all other views, {{eventhours}} is correctly translated into the proper meeting times, but on the homepage this is showon as: eventhours.

Any ideas ?

Thanks and Regards Andrea.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:32 pm
For those breaking their head against a wall like me, I found the solution. You need to use the extra field name "Hours" and not its alias.
GK team please do correct the template thanks.
Regards AG
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:03 am
Hi Andrea,

Yes i actually saw a post about this issue and with that solution. I think K2 when updated change something and that happen.

But in my case i tried the names and the alias of the extra fields, but i still have the same issue.

If i use {TEXT} or {TITLE} i got it working, but with the extra fields from K2 items it dosen't work at all... :/

Btw, do you have multilanguage enable on your website?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:06 am
HI

K2 has changed order in database tables so everything got shifted. Using a name of an extrafield is a correct solution. Just rememebr to call extrafields as {{Title of extra field}}.

There is no introtext in NSP. You can specify how many letters/words of a text to show, but it's all takes as whole, introtext and text.

GK User
Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 am
Hi teitbite,

Yes i read a previous post you had with another user explaining that. And i tried that several times with all the extra fields names and with all the extra fields alias too.

I had it work fine before i added the multilanguage. Can it be because of it?

I've been around this for a while and i tried everything... :/ I'm going to send you backend access by PM.

Thanks
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:59 am
Hi, no I don't use extra languages, but interestingly enough, I don't use English, but the trick works. I'm not sure anyway it is related to languages. I have read on another post that the user found a solution looking into how K2 treats the various templates. There is a "tutorial" here on the GK site explaining it but I can't fine the article now. Good luck.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:24 pm
Hi

What multilanguage method are You using ? NSP only supports default joomla recommended method, which means that it will require a different copy for each language. If extra field names are translated it will require using different translation in every copy.

teitbite
Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:36 pm
Hi

@lc-mk I've just found an access to Your site. Looks like You are trying to use an extra field "short", but it's actually disabled on extrafields list.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.