News Show Pro GK5 Frontpage (Speakers)

GK User
Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 am
Hello I use the News Show Pro GK5 to show on the frontpage the (speakers) module (I renamed in "news")

I would like to get some text and the article date to appear under the rounded images, but I could not get it work, despite the configuration (please see screenshots)

The NSP5 data come from K2 category; in this category creation date is shown, as well as text

What is wrong with that? the site is http://www.eventiecongressi.it/it.

I may give you admin acces on request

Thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:48 pm
Hi

"Speaker list" is a predesigned style, which means it forces a specific look, but also disables some of the functions. If You wish to use all functions that module brings please use Normal Style.

GK User
Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:17 pm
Hello,

thanks for your reply; did you mean style is "module mode=standard mode"? I did not find any "normal style" or maybe I lost in the module configuration labirinth.

If I understood correctly the standard mode(=normal style) is quite ugly; I'd rather have a mode that could show a thumbnail, title, date and some intro text coming from a category k2 items; any suggestion on wich mode I could use? I feel lost in the dozens of combinations...

Thanks! :-)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 pm
Hi

Yes I meant "Normal Style", sorry for missleading, It's how we call this style between programmers.

In the matter of fact Normal Style is the most flexible from all of this styles. Predefined styles was made to fullfill one purpose only, so they are often not supporting most of the options, to be set with just as few options as possible.

Please use Normal Style and than tell me how would You like it. A believe a small styling customisation will help with a look, the most important is to have a module which can display all informations You need first.

GK User
Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm
Hello,
thanks for your reply.
I would like to get the module showing an image (no matter square o rounded but all images should be cropped the same size) coming from the k2 article; under the image the date and few words coming from the k2 article as well should appear.
Just like the "speaker" frontpage demo (see attach)
Thanks in advance :-)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:00 pm
Hi

You should do this in an exact same way as with "I nostri partner" module. It has image, header and text there already, so You will only miss Info, where a mask should be used as %DATE. Just make sure everything is set to be centered. Than show me the page and I'll help with some additional css. If You have problems to configure the module please send me an access to joomla panel to my mail [email protected]

GK User
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:23 pm
Hello,
thanks for your help to understand better the NPSGK5 module features; it's quite a labirinth but so powerful.
I managed to get the K2 date and item introtext.
Now that I'm thinking I should have managed by myself to guess how to get it; it was so simple: I only had to copy the "partner" module and modify the K2 source and the article layout.
Please give a look to the "news" module on the frontpage and suggest me some additional css (if any)
Thank you so much!
Gavick #1 in the customer assistance! :-)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am
Hi

Please add this code to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings.

Code: Select all
#nsp-nsp-863 .gkResponsive img.nspImage,
#nsp-nsp-863 img.nspImage.gkResponsive {
    border-radius: 50%;
    height: auto;
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 75% !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 100% !important;
}

#nsp-nsp-863 .nspArt .tleft {
    text-align: center;
}

#nsp-nsp-863 .nspArt p.nspInfo {
    color: #222;
    display: block !important;
    float: none;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 7px 0;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

GK User
Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm
Thank you so much!!! Now it's more fancy!
Thanks again for your help! :-)
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:18 pm
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.