Increase default height of bottom1 module

Professionally designed and responsive events Joomla template to launch your event based website.
GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Hi,

I've created a custom module for the bottom1 position, which works, but it has a white bar at the top (so between "header" and "bottom1"). I've tried various override css code found on the forum, but nothing seems to work in getting rid of that white bar.

Any and all help is appreciated!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm
OK, I've (partially) solved this one by sheer chance using this article:

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... -positions

The white bar seems to be the "Menu" item, which is set to be the starting page. Clearly, I don't want to mess with the set or the whole page itself, but how can I "hide" this menu item without disrupting the page itself?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 am
This is getting kind of urgent ... can somebody please get back to me?

In the meantime I've played around in an effort to hide the Menu altogether, so I've set the following suffixes in the template's features (640 being the ID of the Home menu):

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.43.47.png

I now have two white spaces, one over and the other under the bottom1 module.

Please help... Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:29 pm
I've followed this article to the letter:

https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

However, the page ID which is the 'Main' page refuses to be hidden. Since the override.css was empty up to now, I'm not sure what to do with this:

To hide main page content, remove the div with the gkMainbody id such that the entire code will consist of :

.noMainbody #gkMainbody { display: none !important}

Any and all help is appreciated ... I knowI'm close but that page needs to be gone!

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:27 am
Hi

Check what ID Your homepage has. Go to template settigs and in "Page class suffix" section add a suffix "noMainbody" to the page with this ID. IMPORTANT: Make sure there are no other suffixes for that ID, if there are group them like they were one suffix "noMainbody frontpage".

Make sure Override is activated in template configuration and copy the code:

Code: Select all
.noMainbody #gkMainbody { display: none !important}

to override.css

GK User
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm
Thanks ... but no go. I've added the code to the override.css and added the suffix, as shown in the two screenshots, but I'm still getting the white field which seems to be 'top2' and lying underneath 'top1' (sorry, bit bottom1)

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 13.52.04.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 13.52.37.png
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 pm
Hi

Is Override enabled in template's settings ?

Top1 and Top2 are associated with module positions, if You think that's the gap just make sure none of the modules is attached to this module position for this page.

I need to see Your site to be able to check what is wrong and what this gap really is.

GK User
Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:27 pm
Hi,

I emailed you access to my site yesterday ... did you not get it?

As for your questions: yes Override is enabled. There is no top2 module (active or deleted) ... the white bar is right "underneath" the top1. I've used up all the bottom positions, so can't move the top1 down to bottom1.

Please do have a look as soon as you can. Thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:57 am
Hey Teitbite,

This is getting urgent ... can you please let me know whether/that you got my email with the SU credentials?

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 am
HI

Please stop bumping Your own questions. It takes some time to get back to it because there is so many questions and bumping changes the time of last activity and pushing Your question to the end of the line in our moderator app.

I have not received an access from You I'm afraid. Although You have not used Your username from forum or not included a link to it in mail. Maybe an e-mail used was wrong, so here it is again [email protected] You can also reach me via Skype, my login is "teitbite".

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:40 am
Understood & my apologies. It was simply not possible to ascertain whether you were reading or even receiving my messages ... clearly not as some don't seem to have arrived. The emails wouldn't have come from my login, but from the address you wrote to today. I've just send you a PM over Skype, too.
Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:27 pm
Hi

Ok. Solution we were trying before wasn't working because it wasn't mainbody adding this gap, but a padding from #gkPageContent and #gkBottom1

To remove it for this page only use this css:

Code: Select all
.noMainbody #gkPageContent {
padding-bottom: 0;
}

.noMainbody #gkBottom1 {
padding-top: 0;
}

GK User
Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm
All fixed after some more fine tuning. Seems it was a padding issue...
Thanks so much, teitbite!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 am
Hi
Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.