HELP!!! Images not loading

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 am
Report this post
I have loaded the Fest template onto my Joomla website hosted on Go daddy and for days have been trying to figure out why most of the images and content does not load. Does any one have suggestions or help? I followed all the settings in the documentation so please don't send me the any links to that :).
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:30 am
Report this post
Hi,
hmm... there could be several reasons.
1) Are you talking about image in articles, modules or both of them?
2) Check rights of folders - they are okey.
3) What about SEO/SEF setting in Joomla (Global configuration) - are images shown when you disable it.

And of course --- URL link to your page. No URL - No Help.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:31 am
Report this post
and content does not load

??? what kind of content - articles ? Broken database ?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:54 am
Report this post
The images i have loaded on there currently are from another FB app that drags in you fb pics. I just was testing the app to see if it worked. zit seems to be the only thing working.

http://lightinthedarknessministry.org/joomla/

I am going to check #3 right now because that could cause it.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:36 am
Report this post
It did not work. I am probably going to call and get and get a refund. I have NEVER had this much trouble with a template. I have been working with Joomla for years. Usually when you purchase a template and upload it, it and loads looks exactly like it does on the website where you purchased it. This does not seem to be the case.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:55 am
Report this post
Right now you have error on page,
Fatal error: Call to a member function getTemplate() on a non-object in --- because of mod_tpmenu

I suggest to use
error-check.jpg

to see what generates errors.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:57 am
Report this post
Usually when you purchase a template and upload it, it and loads looks exactly like it does on the website where you purchased it.

Not really, this works only when you will use Quickstart. Did you forget ? More: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... t-package/

I'm working with Joomla since 1.0.x - so probably I can help you much more.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 am
Report this post
Few seconds ago I helped with small customization for another (this time beginner) user from NO also in Fest template - and he was happy everything is working from beginning I made him only small module position customization.
As you can see template is working... so maybe more patience.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 pm
Report this post
the fatal error just happened when i installed module, that was something I did. It is no relevant to the images not loading. I am going to reinstall the template so that you can see how it only installs the menu and the background. No other images are shown on the template.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 pm
Report this post
OK if you check the site you can see what i mean & and did not install the quickstart, but that is exactly what it looks likes. That is why I am so frustrated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 pm
Report this post
and thx for your help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:53 pm
Report this post
p.s.
About images from Quickstart --> http://www.gavick.com/documentation/gen ... uickstart/

Right now on your site I see all background images and images from gallery.
What is missing ? If elements from DEMO - check all configuration here : http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... on-joomla/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:56 pm
Report this post
...but that is exactly what it looks likes. That is why I am so frustrated.

I still don't know what you are looking for.
I know that template is very old (~~more than 2 years) , but should work like others.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 am
Report this post
I am looking for it to look like the demo. I followed all the guidelines on the documentation and it still does not look like the demo.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 am
Report this post
I suggest to follow step by step, position by position.
But it depends what element(s) you really needs.

:idea: I strongly recommend you to install Fest Quickstart on sub-domain, localhost or subfolder - to check how we made it.
Even I always do it this way.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 pm
Report this post
ok i will do
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.