Different backgrond behind bottom and header?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:50 am
Report this post
I´ve been trying to change the background behind the countdown on the mainpage, but with no success. I have removed the map and the countdown and have set a singe picture as feature instead. Behind this picture I would like a white background with some details. But as soon as I change this background the background behind the bottom is changes as well. And a white background bhind the bootom doesn´t look good on my webpage.

It there any way to seperate theese two backgrounds in this template?

Thanks!

Regards, Anita
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:03 pm
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:18 pm
Report this post
Hi .-)

Thank you! I have sendt you a PM.

Anita :-)
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 am
Report this post
Hi

I would change footer bg directly in this layer with code:

Code: Select all
#gkBottomWrap {
    background: #666 none repeat scroll 0 0;
}

Now a background under the website can be changed with as You have it right now:

body {
    background-image: url("../images/bg1920.jpg") !important;
}

if You want a different bg per page You will have to use page class suffix. Here is an example of how to use it: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... omla-pages

Than let say You have a suffix "lightbg", so a code to include bg in css would be:

body.lightbg {
    background-image: url("../images/bglight1920.jpg") !important;
}

While adding this codes do not change any of css files. Use override.css file to just add overrides for this classes. Make sure override is enabled in template advanced settings or this file will not be used.

GK User
Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:08 am
Report this post
Hi!

I can´t get you suggestion on how to change the background behind the footer to work. I did put this code in the override.css:
#gkBottomWrap {
background: #666 none repeat scroll 0 0;
}
...but no change in the background.

And I do have the override enabled :-)

Do you have any other suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks!

Anita
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 am
Report this post
Please take a look at this for me. This is the only thing missing before I can deliver the webpage to my customer...

Thank you so much :-)

Regards, Anita
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:35 am
Report this post
Hi

Plese tell me the url to Your site. This works when I try that on demo.

Try use a higher priority code:

#gkBottomWrap {
    background: #666 none repeat scroll 0 0 !important;
}

GK User
Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 pm
Report this post
Hi!
My url is: http://www.overoslo.paydesign.no

Your new code didn´t change anything either. Perhaps I´m doing something really wrong?

Regards, Anita
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:55 am
Report this post
Hi

The url is blocked for me.

I do not understand Your screenshot. I can see a background color exactly where my code is adding it, so maybe I misunderstood Your question.

Try maybe this code to see what background I'm thinking about:

body #gkBottomWrap {
    background: pink none repeat scroll 0 0;
}

GK User
Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:52 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but the site was hacked last week, and therefore you got the Forbidden page instead. It is fixed now.

But the problem is the same. The background behind the footer is the same as behind the slider. Please take a look at the attached picture, where you can see what I mean. As you can see the background is almost white and the text is therefor very difficult to read. My customer wants a darker background, and most of all the original one i sort of dark grey.

I understand that the code you see looks like the background is dark, but as you can see in the picture it isn´t. The website is up again as well, so please take a look at that as well if possible :-)
www.overoslo.paydesign.no

Thanks!

Regards, Anita
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but the site was hacked the last time you looked at it, and therefore you got the Forbidden page instead. It is fixed now.

But the problem is the same. The background behind the footer is the same as behind the slider. Please take a look at the attached picture, where you can see what I mean. As you can see the background is almost white and the text is therefor very difficult to read. My customer wants a darker background, and most of all the original one i sort of dark grey.

I understand that the code you see looks like the background is dark, but as you can see in the picture it isn´t. The website is up again as well, so please take a look at that as well if possible :-)
http://www.overoslo.paydesign.no

Thanks!

Regards, Anita
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm
Report this post
Hi

I still cannot see my code being added to website, but I can see that current background may be still override the code, so it would be better to use this code:

#gkBottomWrap {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) none repeat scroll 0 0;
    padding: 0;
}

make sure it's copied to override.css and that override is enabled in template settings.

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. I can see You've added my code and now small issue is revealed. Please replace my code with:

#gkBottomWrap {
    background: #000 none repeat scroll 0 0;
}

teitbite
Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 am
Report this post
Hi

I just found Your messages in my PM box. I've checked Your override.css and You had couple of errors with } closed too early. Now everything works.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.