JQuery problem

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:13 pm
Report this post
Hi. I have installed Simple Image Gallery, but it does not show the pics in pop-ups, it open them in new windows. I have tried using Easy jquery. It solves this issue, but messes up many other extensions I am using, so this is not an option for me. I have asked joomlaworks who have made this plugin. They say ''you will have to ensure that your site is loading jQuery only once.'' Do you know how this can be done?

My site: http://www.peaceconference.no/minner/bi ... r-pcs-2013
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 pm
Report this post
Hi,somebody have right , now jquery is loaded twice
Code: Select all
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-noconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
 (...)
  <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

But you have to check which one is causing this error.
You have to compare default template with ours.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 am
Report this post
Thank you for helping. I don't know what extension have this /media/jui/ and I don't know how to disable jquery. Can you please explain how to proceed?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 am
Report this post
I don't know what extension have this /media/jui/

But this is your website not mine, :mrgreen: don't worry they are from bootstrap.

and I don't know how to disable jquery. Can you please explain how to proceed?

You have to use : jQuery Easy Plugin - simplifyyourweb.com --> this should help you.
or customize template code.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:30 pm
Report this post
by the way, I installed : SimpleImageGallery Pro and on my demo Fest J3 site - popup is looking normal.

But if you are using SimpleImageGallery (free version) -- check plugins options "Basic options" - there is jQuery library handling !
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:01 pm
Report this post
I tried enabling or disabling jquery in Simple Image Gallery, but it did not fix it. I am not that good with these things, I would really appreciate it if you could have a look at the back end of my site and see if you could find a solution. Is that possible?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 pm
Report this post
Sorry but do not support commercial components/plugins.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.