Multi language site home button problem

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 4:19 pm
Report this post
I have made my site multilangual

I batched the sample menu and copied it straight off but the frontpage now dont show the intro .
So the link for the home button needs to be changed to something?

Thank you for your support

Robert
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 28, 2014 5:02 pm
Report this post
Found more problem.. the menu do not change between languages either when using FEST template. Tested another template and they work.

I also tried to disable the new language models menus and enable the main menu model again.. but now that dont work either showing the intro home page:/ thats strange.

NOTE UPADTE : i have now disabled the "System - language filter plugin" and got back the site with main menu modul. So there is a conflict with that plug in and Fest template then...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat May 31, 2014 8:31 am
Report this post
HI

There is couple of methods to have a multiple languages used on a site. Which one are You using ?

Personally I advice to use Falang, it's easiest I believe.
Here You can find a way to make it using no extra modules: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ge ... oomla-1-7/
Pretty good solution is also to use couple of copies of template style with a different menu attached to them while styles are attached to a different language.

GK User
Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:37 pm
Report this post
Well ive just the built in moduels /plugins that joomla supplies... i also followed this guid. it works great with the templates that comes with joomla. Falang i need to look up.. but hoped not to do all work all over again.
http://www.slideshare.net/erictiggeler/ ... c-tiggeler
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:11 pm
Report this post
Hi

With Falang You will just need to edit one menu element (Home) after installing only to tell joomla what name to use in which language. But I've looked into the instruction You've followed and also a way with multiple template styles for each language and selecting a different menu for each style will work just fine. So it's up to You which method you would like to use now.

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:02 pm
Report this post
teitbite wrote:Hi

With Falang You will just need to edit one menu element (Home) after installing only to tell joomla what name to use in which language. But I've looked into the instruction You've followed and also a way with multiple template styles for each language and selecting a different menu for each style will work just fine. So it's up to You which method you would like to use now.

K, i have installed Falang with same result and have come to the conclusion that there is a conflict with the plugin system - language filter and the template Fest . Cause when i publish the plug in the template Intro dissapairs and just leve me with the title Home. you should be able to get the same on your demo site if u publish that . or check purplesolution/biz for example how it looks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm
Report this post
Hi

I think I've seen such error when sh404 and faland were installed at the same time. Solution was to disable language filter plugin at all and use the sh404 option for that. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll figure out what is wrong.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.