Speaker images not showing up

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:16 pm
Report this post
I can't seem to get the speaker thumbnails to show up, Is there a plugin that needs to be enabled to make this occur?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm
Report this post
No its just a News Show PRO GK4 module getting its content from K2 category called Speakers, and this category has K2 item name as Speaker Name and K2 image as Speaker Image.

And module mode is Portal Mode - Speakers.
Just make sure thumbnail settings is on in module settings > thumbnails > create thumbnail images.

Let me know if you need further help.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:28 pm
Report this post
gone through those settings, the module does not appear to be building thumbnails YoungFilmmakers.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 pm
Report this post
I can only see 1 item, please add at least 5 or more so module can start animation then we check further as currently css hides this 1 item thumbnail.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:02 pm
Report this post
Hi!

I've changed the speakers images through K2, but the module on frontpage doesn't show anything. If you click on it, the K2 item is ok. Maybe a thumbnail configuration problem?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm
Report this post
Is "Create thumbnails " option enabled in module settings > thumbnails?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm
Report this post
It was disabled, but I just enable it and it doesn't work. These are my thumbnail options:

and here is a link to my website: http://www.popferradafest.com
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm
Report this post
Can you please add following css to override.css.
Code: Select all
.nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerBig.speakerHide > div img, .nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerSmall.speakerHide > div img { transform: scale(1) ; margin-left: 7px;}

Let me know if this fixes your images.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:10 pm
Report this post
Sorry, but that doesn't work... and yes, I've enabled CSS override ;)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:03 pm
Report this post
In IE10 thumbnails are showing up correctly, but the changing effect and buttons are lost. In Chrome, thumbnails still are a black hole...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 am
Report this post
Replace your override code with below for chrome.
.nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerBig.speakerHide > div img, .nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerSmall.speakerHide > div img { transform: scale(1) ; -webkit-transform: scale(1); margin-left: 7px;}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:45 pm
Report this post
Ok, thanks, images are showing up in Chrome now, but rotation effect and buttons still missing in Chrome and IE...
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:35 am
Report this post
I can see why other elements are not showing up but I need to check your site module settings first before making any further suggestions as some of these elements are enabled when module starts animating speakers.

Can you please resend your details and ftp access details to my email.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Report this post
I've sent you the details in PM, the same as my other problem https://www.gavick.com/forums/fest-joomla3/sponsors-problem-26961.html

Thank you!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:46 pm
Report this post
Fixed, please check and let me know.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:26 pm
Report this post
Sorry but now I cannot see anything, just a black background, either in Chrome and IE10.

Thanks for your help.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm
Report this post
Oops! False alarm and browser issues... it seems to be perfect. Thousands of thanks!!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 pm
Report this post
Could I know what the problem was?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 am
Report this post
Updated module to latest version and cleaned up your override.css as due to css errors in this file, it was breaking your layout.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:18 pm
Report this post
Thank you, normanUK. I will be more careful with css files ;)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm
Report this post
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:35 pm
Report this post
Hello guys, sorry to bother. :blush:

I have the same problem, the thumbs are not showing, nor the "Names" of the Speakers.

I read the whole post, so I used the code that normanUK suggested for chrome in override.css (I removed the margin-left: 7px; part):

.nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerBig.speakerHide > div img, .nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerSmall.speakerHide > div img { transform: scale(1) ; -webkit-transform: scale(1);}

Which indeed, shows the image, but Names are not showing and neither animations :blink: I've been on this hours, and can't find a solution.

This is how it's supposed to look like: http://demo.gavick.com/joomla25/fest/ (names and random switching of speakers)

But this is how it actually looks: http://www.crossfittemecula.com/nws/index.php/us

Please, help.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am
Report this post
Issue fixed via an email.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:33 pm
Report this post
THANKS!!!!! =)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:54 am
Report this post
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:53 am
Report this post
may i know how to fix the issue ? I had the same problem as nvhsac, why the download section did not upload the bugfix version?

im doing a clean install in my localhost, so probably i cant let you access to it, what is the problem anyway? (quickstart version is running ok though and im following exactly the quickstart setting)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 pm
Report this post
Nevermind, I have figured out why the animation and name is not working. I thought its better to share the solution here. We have to load at least 5 speakers into the module for the front end to work, even with 2 or 3 speakers will fail to make the name and animation showing up.

Suggestion to the moderators, next time it is better to reply a solution in the forum than in an email, so that other users can find the solution easily and quickly, and this is also the main purpose of a forum...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:09 pm
Report this post
Hi everyone,

After installing quickstart, I just added 5 k2 articles, k2 images included, category still named speakers and ion chrome all I could see were black round images - no animation.
After reading forum I have added this code to override.css - function enabled: .nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerBig.speakerHide > div img, .nspMainPortalMode6 .nspSpeakerSmall.speakerHide > div img { transform: scale(1) ; -webkit-transform: scale(1);}
Now, in chrome I have no animation, no names below the images even if the images appear they appear (sorry) like crap. Nothing like in the demo.
I have searched and clean css. No use. Identical behaviour in firefox.
I did not altered the module, thats the curious part. All I did is to change the text in k2 item s and the images.
Please advise and provide support.
Thanks a lot!!!
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.