Widget Areas - Style Menu Visible only on select pages

Best WordPress theme for festivals or other events with responsive, clean and unique design.
GK User
Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Hello,

When trying to set the Style Menu to selected pages only after save, get blank white screen and the following error:

<b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected '||' (T_BOOLEAN_OR) in <b>/home/user/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Fest/gavern/helpers/helpers.layout.php(828) : runtime-created function</b> on line <b>1</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Function name must be a string in <b>/home/user/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes/Fest/gavern/helpers/helpers.layout.php</b> on line <b>830</b><br />

After removing the selected page from the Widget rules of Style menu the site works fine.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:31 am
Hello,

Unfortunately, the Fest theme is not supported. (we provide support and updates only for our latest 24 themes). I'll try to give you some tips - how exactly did you add your page to widget rules? Please try to use page id or slug instead of title.

GK User
Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:53 pm
Well, I tried that page-id and or slug instead of title, and still got the same error as listed above. What's strange now is we set it up a a different server and its fine. Both Servers are using PHP 5.5.34, could it be a module requirement that server A doesn't have that server B does?
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:09 am
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website (where it doesn't work) and back-end access via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it?

GK User
Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:29 pm
Any update Joshua M?
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:41 am
Hi,

I've answered you via PM:

"When exactly this error is visible? I've added test menu to sidebar area and widget rules with "Menu" style work properly. I can't see any issue with thtat."

GK User
Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:04 pm
looking at that page I sent you /wordpress/button-hunt/ shows a white page. It's doing it right know. I'm not able to see the messages, I click "messages" and all it does is refresh the page.
Fresh Boarder

Joshua M
Sun May 01, 2016 10:18 pm
Could you enable debugging (in wp-config.php file) or send me also FTP access?

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.