Tabs GK5 in QUARK: changing vertical position

Tabs module is the easiest and convenient way to create tabs in Joomla website with powerful features like JSON or XML support.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:37 pm
I have implemented Tabs GK5 in the QUARK template - basically according to the instructions in the Quark documentation.

I am using 5 tabs, where the last TAB 5 is the pricing table as shown in QUARK.

PROBLEM 1:
The TAB 5 is not always shown. Only when I scroll down slightly, then also Tab 5 pops up.

PROBLEM 2:
When I click on TAB 1-4, the tab menu stays at the same place, also the content is shown at the same place.
When I click on TAB 5, then the whole tab menu is moving down significantly, also the content of TAB 5, which basically makes the whole very confusing and unreadable.

May I send you a link to the page via PM, as it the page is not official yet.
Thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with login privileges (if necessary)
3. link to this thread

GK User
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:17 pm
Cyberek wrote:Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with login privileges (if necessary)
3. link to this thread

Sent you a PM, thanks!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:52 am
The problem is with content of the tabs. First 4 tabs has a little of content, last one has more and it takes more space (it is longer). Now tabs selectors (navigation elements) always centers vertically to be in the middle of content. If content becomes longer the tabs will move down.
We also have this behave on our demo server.
The easiest way to walk around this functionality is to create price table as a separate module and use tabs for content of the same height.

GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 pm
Thanks, setting tabs at same height solved the issue (tabs content is already in modules).

However - i still don´t understand, why the the menu & content is not centered vertically.

I have tried it on different screens with different solution - the issue is that not all tabs will be shown at once, which can be confusing i.e. users will not check that there are more tabs...

Animation of tabs is fine but is there any way to force to show all tabs automatically?

Cheers
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am
You could keep the tabs aligned to top not to the middle (vertically). Would that be the solution you are searching for?

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 pm
Cyberek wrote:You could keep the tabs aligned to top not to the middle (vertically). Would that be the solution you are searching for?

Sounds like a good idea - however, changing tabs position to "TOP" in Tabs GK5 doesn´t work, same with RIGHT or BOTTOM position.

Checked it with the Quark Quickstart installation - same there.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:43 pm
Please edit: /templates/gk_quark/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
@media (min-width: 1161px){
 .transparent-tabs .gkTabsNav {
  top: 160px;
}
}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:27 pm
Cyberek wrote:Please edit: /templates/gk_quark/css/override.css and add at its end:
Code: Select all
@media (min-width: 1161px){
 .transparent-tabs .gkTabsNav {
  top: 160px;
}
}

Remember to enable "CSS override" in template settings - advanced section.

Thanks that helped!
(but used top: 350px; instead of 160px)
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:14 pm
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

GK User
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm
aschuch wrote:Animation of tabs is fine but is there any way to force to show all tabs automatically?

Cheers

Hi,
Is there a way to do this? To load all tabs at once, instead one by one as you scroll?

Thanks.
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.