Character problem

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:22 am
Report this post
Hi Guys

I use the Game News template for 2 of my domains. All up to date.
One of my site is ok: http://www.elet-stilus.com
On my other site the Hungarian characters (like ó, ű, ő) suddenly replaced for ? character. The site is http://www.virtualmagazin.hu

What can I do to fix it?

Thank you!

Senior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:44 pm
Report this post
Update: I rewrite a Menu item in the Main Menu. It was Nyitólap and was became Nyit?lap. I fixed it, and it is OK now. I hope it helps you to find a solution for me. (which is not: fix manualy all the menu items and all the K2 items word by word :))
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am
Report this post
Hi

I do not think it's template related, most probably some codding issue on server side. Please send me an access to joomla panel and ftp. I'll do some test to be 100% sure.

GK User
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 pm
Report this post
Hi

I sent you a Private message with admin and ftp access. I hope you can help me.

Thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 am
Report this post
Hi teitbite,

Did you find any solution to my problem?

Thank you
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:14 am
Report this post
Hi

I cannot see this problem on Your site anymore. I thought You've resolved it. Is it fixed or is it just showing ok to me ? What was the problem and how You were able to fix it ?

GK User
Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:57 pm
Report this post
Hi!
As I wrote above I use the Gane News template for 2 of my sites on the same server with same option. elet-stilus.com is OK but virtualmagazin.hu is not. Your print screen is from elet-stilus.com which has no problems.
Unfortunately I had other (not template related) problems with virtualmagazin.hu so I unpublished it and turned it off. I will rebuild virtualmagazin.hu with the refreshed News template and add the items again which will fix the problem( I will change the ? character manualy during upload the item).
I really appreciate your trying, thank you. I think you can close this topic.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:00 am
Report this post
Hi

Och, so You actually can see those "?" when You are editing articles ? If it's the case than template is not involved here. Problem is with database codding. Not every database server supports all chars as default or during one of the updates it simply replaced the foreign chars. Hard to tell really.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.