K2 can't open full article - loop?

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hello Gavick,
I hope you can help me.
I dont know what happened to my K2 articles here, if I want to read it and click on them I'm still on the category but the link is different. :shock:

I've switched off SEO settings for K2 but the problem is still there. Do you have an idea why I have this strange loop if I try to access into an K2 article? :(
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:30 am
Report this post
I'm so sorry for bumping this thread. :(

I just want to say, that I've tried to solve this problem. I don't know what the problem was. I just looked into the category settings of K2. I only changed the number of main articles, primary etc. I made a test menu and I was able to access the articles :o Then I've tested it with the official menu item and the error is gone.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am
Report this post
imda wrote:I'm so sorry for bumping this thread. :(

I just want to say, that I've tried to solve this problem. I don't know what the problem was. I just looked into the category settings of K2. I only changed the number of main articles, primary etc. I made a test menu and I was able to access the articles :o Then I've tested it with the official menu item and the error is gone.

I finally know what the problem was! I didnt noticed that I have a news pro module similiar to the one on the homepage. It was at the mainbody position! :shock: The links to the articles only worked as I made a test dummy with this K2 category. As I disabled the dummy menu, the strange loop came back.

I only had to disable the module on my info page and now it works as I expected.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 am
Report this post
Hi

"mainbody" module position is also a location where component is displayed. But it's either module or component. It was implemented like that so users can hide component if they need to, very common practice on frontpage.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.