404 page when using Log In in Game Template

December '13 Joomla Template
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:34 pm
Report this post
Hello Gavick Support,

I have noticed a problem when i try to register a new user in my website using the log in module on your Game template. After i fill in the required fields and i click on register i will get a 404 error! I have tried a fresh new installation of your template from the file gk_game_quickstart_J!3.zip in your download page and this problem persists.

The website is http://www.infocoreix.com. I have just updated Joomla and im running now Joomla! 3.6.2

Can you please help me and tell me all steps to fix this problem?

Thank you for your time!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

Are You using newest joomla version ? If yes than make sure that in a menu element which is created for register You're redirect url is set correctly.

GK User
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:51 pm
Report this post
Hi

As far as i know, this URL: index.php?option=com_users&lang=en&view=login should be inside the template styles in order to create a new user.

I'm using your login that came with the template. Why do i need to create a new menu item for it?

Please advise and clarify.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:19 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is so called "landing page". When You will define such page in menu (it doesn't have to be a menu You will use on Your site), You will have a control over it. Link "index.php?option=com_users&lang=en&view=login" will open joomla login component, same as the menu link, but without a page You will not have an access to login extra features as for example "Redirect after login" option.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.