MainMenu not displaying

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I just changed my previous template to GameNews but the main menu is not displaying at all on desktop. It displays on responsive / mobile view only.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 pm
Report this post
Could you please post an url to your site?

GK User
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:44 pm
Report this post
I have sent the url via PM.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 pm
Report this post
Have you selected correct menu in template settings?

GK User
Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:12 pm
Report this post
Yes. The Main Menu shows in mobile and tablet view but doesn't show on desktop.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:52 am
Report this post
Please send me a PM with:
1. URL to your website
2. login and password of user with admin/super-admin privileges (please create one for me)
3. ftp data (host, user, password)
4. link to this thread

GK User
Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 am
Report this post
Hello Cyberek,

I sent you the requested info for days now. I really need this main menu to be fixed asap. Without the main menu displaying on desktop view, I can barely not start building the other components of the website.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:08 pm
Report this post
Our developer have checked your site.
First thing to do was to replace the template with freshly downloaded, but it didn't helped showing that the problem is somewhere else.
On your site you have uninstalled k2 component, but it's items are still showing in menu editor - that might be the cause of the problem. If your database have lost its integrity it might be hard to make anything work correctly (currently standard Joomla api doesn't provide menu code, either it is Main Menu or Top Nav menu selected).
I would suggest to start with clean quickstart installation and port articles by copy paste from old site (remember to use different database for new quickstart).

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm
Report this post
Thank you. I did a quick-start installation and almost done with some basic tweaking and configuration for the website. Please, how do I port the K2 items?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 pm
Report this post
This is K2 general question, please ask on their forum if there is such possibility - perhaps there are 3rd party plugins that allows to backup and restore only k2 articles.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:23 pm
Report this post
But before doing any backup/restore thing, make backup of your currently working site, as if now your old database have lost its relativity, copying any data might affect new installaltion also.

GK User
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:28 pm
Report this post
Well noted. Thank you.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 pm
Report this post
If you will find any automatic method working, please share one here also - it might be helpful for other users.

GK User
Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:39 pm
Report this post
Noted but we have decided to start the whole project from scratch using the quickstart. So we will not be importing the old k2 items...I will share if I find an automated method.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:37 am
Report this post
Starting from scratch, if there is not many articles to import, even if you would need to import them manually is not that bad option.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.