PHP 7 Compatibility

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat May 28, 2016 8:01 am
Report this post
I am unable to operate a couple of sites using this template on anything over php 5.5. I am trying to use cloudlinux to switch all sites on my server to php 7. Will this template ever be compatible with php 7 ?
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:21 am
Report this post
Hi

Same with this one. It's over 3years old, so support for it has been dropped.

GK User
Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:48 am
Report this post
Hi Teitbite

I have four projects that have used these templates and now (including three that just migrated from 2.5-3.5) and now I am in a costly (in terms of my time) position of having to put new templates on them to move them forward. I will also need to replace news gk4 that is shipped with these templates -again not showing as unsupported.

This needs to be more clearly shown on the template downloads. Nowhere in the download area does it say that this template is unsupported or not able to function on php7. While I understand that going back and continually keeping old templates up to date is difficult, since the club stopped producing monthly themes I understood the old themes were being supported and upgraded.

I'm not 'angry' but you can understand a little frustration at what I've now got ahead of me.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 am
Report this post
Hi

I understand, but I'm only forum moderator, so can't help with this much. Sorry. There are some messages on template information pages.

GK User
Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:13 am
Report this post
I understand, not your fault. As a long term developer member the only place I go when I need a template is to the download pages, not any of the docs or promotional pages. This should be in the download area.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:37 am
Report this post
Hi

I'll tell developers about it, but for now I need to close this thread since we will not get any further with that unfortunately.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.