Submenu's strange behavior

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I have a question about the behavior of the submenus with a module position in it. When hovering the menu item the submenu appears but when moving the curser to the submenu it slides away again. This happens a lot but not always. Now our site is almost ready to lounch but this is a crucial point of the succes of the site. I still have no solution to this so i would like to ask if you may have any idea.

I created a video which will display the problem clearly however, because i can not post this in public i need to send a private message with more details and the link where you can see the video.

Hope you will be able to asist me with this problem because otherwise i have a major problem.

Thanks in advance and best regards, M
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 am
Report this post
Could you please provide me with a URL to your website, either here or via PM (click the “Private Message” text underneath my avatar) so that I may analyze it? It is a lot easier for us to diagnose issues when we have a live site to examine.

GK User
Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:33 pm
Report this post
PM sended
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 pm
Report this post
Hi

I could not see the problem as on the video, but try add this to override.css and make sure override is enabled in template settings:

Code: Select all
.gkMenu > ul > li > .childcontent, .gkMenu > ul > li > .childcontent .childcontent {
z-index: 99999 !Important;
}

if this will not help please tell me what browser are You using. Maybe it's related to a specific browser only.

GK User
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:51 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I added the code. Hope it helps but i have to see for a few days. Iam using chrome but issue is also in mozilla and explorer. Strange thing is that it is not always but only half of the time :s I keep you informed. Thanks in advance.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 am
Report this post
Hi

From Your video I think problem appears when user is logged in ? Since Your site is offline I was always looking at it while logged in and could not see the problem in any browser. Try maybe another z-index raise:

#gkTopBar {
z-index: 999999 !important;
}

or this:

.gkMenu > ul li div.childcontent {
margin-top: -5px !important;
}

GK User
Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:39 pm
Report this post
I understand. Did you first click the menu button "my account" like i did in the video? It seems this triggers the problem. I did as you say but it seems this did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 pm
Report this post
Any suggestions?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

Ok. I can see it now :) Problem is with popup and some overrides in css. But can be easily workeround with this code:

#gkTopBar {
    z-index: 1000003 !important;
}

Almost the same as before, just had to bit 1000002 number :)

GK User
Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:44 pm
Report this post
Super :D Thanks for your time man. This was a crucial issue for us ;)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:29 pm
Report this post
Hi

Finally :) Great to have it solved. Thread closed.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.