[SOLVED]Full day name in forecast days

Resolved topics about GK Weather module, the best weather extension for Joomla.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:04 pm
Hi guys,

On GK weather I want to display the full name day(something like %A from php strtime fuction). From where I can change the current display to the one I desire?
I've search it in all the files but I didn't find anything related to php strtime function. Or you are parsing this data from Google weather?

Ex: instead of "Sa"/"Sat" I want "Saturday"

Regards,
Krebs
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:37 pm
Hi

It's taken from google. So if You want to have full names please make it simple by replacying the shorts to full by using:

Code: Select all
"day" => str_replace( array( 'Su' ), array( 'Sunday' ), $node->day_of_week[0]->attributes('data') ),

It's just an example. But I think You will know what I mean.

GK User
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:37 pm
teitbite wrote:
Hi

It's taken from google. So if You want to have full names please make it simple by replacying the shorts to full by using:

"day" => str_replace( array( 'Su' ), array( 'Sunday' ), $node->day_of_week[0]->attributes('data') ),

It's just an example. But I think You will know what I mean.

I don't :laugh: -kidding :P
Thank you again Teitbite for your support - excellent as always :)
If anyone (in the future) would like to implement this change.
1. open helper.php file and go at line 245
2. replace
"day" => $node->day_of_week[0]->attributes('data'),

with
"day" => str_replace( array( 'Lu','Ma','Mi','Jo','Vi','Sâ','Du'), array( 'Luni','Marţi','Miercuri','Joi','Vineri','Sâmbătă','Duminică'), $node->day_of_week[0]->attributes('data') ),

Please note that the above code is designated for the romanian week days.

Future information(about str_replace function) - http://php.net/manual/en/function.str-replace.php - if needed.

Regards,
Krebs
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.