Fatal error with WOEID other than Warsaw

Easy to use and free Joomla module to display weather with forecast from Yahoo.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm
Hello. I have a strange issue with this module on The World News II template.
Website is online since months, and never had problems since yesterday.
I couldn't see anymore my homepage, without any upgrade or modifications. Only blank page.
I could get into backend so i tried to remove every module shown only in my homepage (since i could still have access to every other page of my website)
I found that the issue was the weather module. I didn't change it from my first day online but now i can't use it anymore.
Module is still working but ONLY if i keep the default WOEID. If i keep Warsaw WOEID it's ok, i can change every other feature or position in the template and it's still ok.
But if i try to change WOEID, with another real city or randomly, the page in which the module is, turn to blank and nothing is shown (using Chrome element inspection there is no code to show only <head> and <body> without a code.

How can I resolve? I tried to uninstall, to upgrade with the latest version, but nothing.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 am
Probably the old feed is generated from cache and the problem is not related with WOEID but with whole yahoo api. Do you use latest module version?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 pm
Yes, error occurred while using a previous version of the module.
But even upgrading to the latest version didn't work.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:12 am
What WOEID do you use?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:05 pm
i always used #722232 (Salerno, Italy). Now module is disabled due to malfunctioning. The only WOEID working is the default one (Warsaw)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:16 am
Ok I've made some tests and this is the weather result for Warsaw screenshot
and here is for your location screenshot

For me all is working fine. I've checked WOEID here http://woeid.rosselliot.co.nz/lookup/salerno%20%20italy The cache is disabled yes?
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.