SOLVED - News Text Over Suckerfish Menu

Users topics solved on GK Highlighter module
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:03 pm
Folks,

I am using News Highlighter and when the module in configured for the "Vertical Rotation" of the news, it positions itself above the suckerfish menus. If I use horizontal scrolling, it does not do this. Is there any suggestions for fixing the "Vertical Rotation" so it is behind the drop down suckerfish menus? Site is www.nphic.net.

Thanks,
Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:47 pm
Hi

Please could You change it to Vertical Rotation so I can see what's wrong and give some tip (hope) ?

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am
Thanks! Set to Vertical Slide (Top). Using Firefox 3.6. Does the same thing in IE 8.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am
Hi

Please see what You'll get if You remove the class #jsn-puser8_inner from the template_css.css. Remember to make copy first.

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm
Removed and made no difference. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the prompt help!
Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:55 pm
Hi

Code: Select all
#jsn-puser8 {
clear:both;
}

Try this.

teitbite
Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Hi

But as I can see You are using jquery and mootools on one site. It's not recomended because of the conflicts.

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Tried the "clear: both" code, but did not work. I'm a bit of an advanced beginner. I'm not sure if the different components/modules I installed put jquery and mootools on my site. What do you recommend and should I get rid of one of them? How do I uninstall it? Maybe that will resolve my problem.

Thanks,
Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:02 pm
Hi

Recomended is using just Mootools or just Jquery, but at Your site I can see only conflict. So I sugest to leave it as it is and just try to fix this menu. It's hard to think about solution for IE without ftp access, so I will give You one last tip and if the result won't be promissing I will have to ask You for ftp login data.

Modifie the class attributes to:

#jsn-puser8 {
float:right;
margin-left:0;
}

PS: I have just realized that we may talk about two diffrent things. I'm trying too not hide the big color buttons under the photoslide and I've just read the thread's title once more and it's about diffrent problem. ;/ I need sleep, really.

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm
TeitBite,

THANK YOU for all your help! The last option did not work either. I am calling this module using "Module Anywhere" from a Joomla Content Item called "Welcome to NPHIC".

I created a Joomla Administrator account that you could feel free to use. Username is guest with a password of Gavick2010 (Case Sensitive). Please let me know if I can help in any other way. I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:31 pm
Hi

If it goes for hightlight please change in template.css z-index from 2 to 10 in class:

ul.menu-suckerfish ul {
left:-999em;
list-style-image:none;
list-style-position:outside;
list-style-type:none;
margin:0;
padding:0;
position:absolute;
z-index:10;
}

GK User
Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:53 pm
Worked PERFECTLY!!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Really appreciate the support!

Regards,
Joe Rebele
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am
Hi

Sory for keep You waiting with that, but I didn't understand You from the first post and was trying to do something else on Your site :)

GK User
Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Not a problem at all! THANK YOU for all your prompt assistance! I really, really appreciated your help! Enjoy the weekend!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:51 am
teitbite,

Sorry to bother you again! When I view my site in Internet Explorer 8, the problem is back. Works fine in Firefox, but not IE. Any suggestions? Also, what is the best way to change the font and font size for the Gavick News Highlighter Pro?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am
Hi

Please see in ie7.css file if the changes we made aren't overwritten. Please also add !important after the z-index we've made.

To make modification to the hightlighter please add some css styles for

.gk_news_highlighter_wrapper a{}

.gk_news_highlighter_interface span{}

GK User
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:16 pm
Thanks! I added the !important but did not work. I also added the code to fixie7.css that we added but that did not work either. Any other suggestions? Sorry for being such a pain!

Thanks,
Joe
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:30 pm
Got it! I edited the HTML to change lte IE 7 to gte IE 7, since I'm using IE 8 and turn off the compatibility options in the browser. That seemed to fix it. Thanks for all the help! Your amazing!

Thanks again,
Joe
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.