Adding New Article Kills News Pro GK1 Tab

Creative and professional Joomla music template focus on music type event management, music festivals and all music related events.
GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:50 pm
I tried to add a new article when I did this was the error message that showed up on the site itself.

Code: Select all
Warning: imagesx(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/content/m/e/m/memorialhall/html/site/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 178

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/content/m/e/m/memorialhall/html/site/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 179

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/content/m/e/m/memorialhall/html/site/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/gk_classes/image.class.php on line 214

Warning: imagepng() [function.imagepng]: Unable to open '/home/content/m/e/m/memorialhall/html/site/modules/mod_news_pro_gk1/cache/' for writing in /home/content

I looked in the PHP file but I wasn't sure what I was really looking for or what to change. I did CHOMD the listed cache folder to "777" with no real results.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:21 am
Hmm, this is weird. Best to answer this would be Dziudek.
But could you look if adding article with jpg file works correctly? I mean, you were trying to add article with png image, right? So I would like to know if that problem is because of PNG image or image in general.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:47 am
Oddly enough the image I was adding was a JPG, I too was confused by the PNG reference. If someone can figure it out though it would be great. For the time being I just turned off the option to create thumbnails and everything worked fine.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:33 pm
Hi

"create thumbnails" option is experimental and do not work for some server configurations. Expecaly when it's not allowing for "in flow" threads.

GK User
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 am
HI I am having haVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND FOUND OUT IN MANY WEBSITE IF U GOOGLE IT YOU WILL SEE SOME 40-50 WEBSITES WITH THIS PARTICULAR ERROR

WHATS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:29 pm
Hi

That is a very old thread. I'm not sure if the error is still the same. Please show me Your site and send me joomla access.

GK User
Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm
How to add youtube video in a custom html module i try to do it but it shows nothing in my other joomla website the code works but not inthe world news 11
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:28 pm
Hi

It depends on the text editor configuration. Some may have been blocking the embed code. I suggest to use a module designed to present a video.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.