Errors after update to Joomla 3.7

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:36 am
The update to Joomla 3.7 results in a blank page for the website.
After resetting the template this is solved for now:
in template settings:
- disable use of mootools core and mootools more, for not logged in users and for logged in users;
- disabled Use GK Cache, CSS cache, CSS compression and Javascript compression;
in general settings website:
- disable Cache.

Thank you.

Greetings,
Paul
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:20 am
Hi,

thanks for the comment on that. I upgraded to 3.7.0 recently and had no issues clearly related to the template. However, I'm no more able to maintain the properties of the template. In the style editor just no menu appears anymore. When I choose Extensions -> Templates -> Styles -> gk_hotel I will see only the main information usually provided on the first tab. But all the tabs are missing. Tested it with Firefox and IE.

Would be great if you could help me out.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:34 am
Hi,
Yes, we are working on the update, as a temporary solution please change the following line from templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/admin/scripts/js file:
Code: Select all
var type = items[i].split('=')[0].test(/^\d+$/) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

into:
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option’;

GK User
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi,
Yes, we are working on the update, as a temporary solution please change the following line from templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/admin/scripts/js file:

into:

I am using gs_john_s and having the same problem. This change did not fix the problem in gk_john_s. Is there a different fix for this template?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:55 pm
jwmayo wrote:

into:

I am using gs_john_s and having the same problem. This change did not fix the problem in gk_john_s. Is there a different fix for this template?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

This change actually gives me "Unclosed String" errors in lines 247 - 272.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:49 pm
I tried the new fix and also downloaded the latest gk_john_s template. I also re-installed Joomla 3.7 but still don't have access to the template options (Advance, Basic, Cookielaw, Features, Fonts, Layout, Menu, and Socialapi). Any other fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 pm
Hello,

I applied the fix on a site using this template, but no luck, tabs are still missing.

I'll apply the update when available.

Thanks

Sandra
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 05, 2017 9:17 am
Hi

No problems at my copy of John template ;/ Maybe server cache haven't released modified file yet ? Please one of You send me an access to ftp, url and joomla panel access to [email protected] so I'll be able to check.

GK User
Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 am
Thanks this fix works for me, after cleaning all the cache "server and browser".

jwmayo wrote:

into:

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 14, 2017 11:00 am
Hi

Great to hear that. Also this fix has already been included in packages, so future updates will not break it again.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.