Menu items with wrong SEF URLs, publishing problems

Support desk for Villa Belluci Joomla Hotel Template
GK User
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 am
Hi
using latest Hotel Quickstart.
Have two menus: englisch + german. The german menu is behaving strange.

Every new menu item I try to add leads to 404 error because it makes a wrong SEF Url:

Example:
Result: /index.php/de/Clients/lage
Should be: /index.php/de/lage
...makes "Clients" in between. And leads of course to 404. I do not have any category or menu item with this name.

This problem on german AND englisch menu. The URLs are correct when SEF is deactivated. But this is no option.

Cannot publish unpublished menu items in the list just by clicking the publishing-button.

Error: Failed publishing 1 menu item as at least one of its parents is unpublished or one of its children is checked out.

I can only publish the items by opening each item and changing the status to public. Save...then the item becomes public.
Problem only with my own german menu items.The english ones of the quickstart work normal, no problem with making public.

:idea:
I wonder if these two problems belong together??

- no trashed menu items
- Superadmin status
- tried GK cache on/off
- Joomla cache on/off
- URL rewriting on/off
...nothing really helped.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:34 pm
Hi

Sounds like crossed records in database. I got that on my site after updating K2. Try run "repair" in data base manager and in joomla panel go to extensions > database to see if database is up to date.

GK User
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:56 am
Hi
now it works - I did...

1. reinstalling Joomla core files
2. deactivated all cache (plugins, Joomla cache, GKCache)

....now the menu items work with correct SEF Urls. And I can activate cache plugins without causing any problems.

Thanks for your help!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:45 pm
Hi

So it was some bug in installation not a database error as I suspected. Anyway I'm happy You've been able to solve it and sheared a solution with us. Closing this thread now.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.