Have an old and new product price with a slash on the old

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 am
Report this post
Hello, how do i go about creating an old product price with a slash across it? Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:29 am
Report this post
Hi

Please show me which place You want this price exactly.

GK User
Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:43 pm
Report this post
Thanks for responding. I would like to display this when a user click on a product category. For example here is a link to a category in the site: http://moniqsonie.com/index.php/clothin ... ormal-maxi. Can i also display it the single product detail view? Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:18 pm
Report this post
Hi

I'm afraid I will need an access to Your ftp to do this. I cannot find a right price example at my copy so it's hard to tell which price should be displayed.

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:20 am
Report this post
Hello,

i sent you my ftp details on [email protected]

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 am
Report this post
Hi

I got Your access and was trying to add this price, but none of the products has a discount, so I still do not know which price variant is showing the orginal, not descounted price. Please tell me which page I can see an example or add discounts to 1-2 products on the page You have mentioned earlier.

GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:33 pm
Report this post
Hello,

I just wanted to know what the process for adding the new price was. Just add whatever discount you want on any product as an example so that i can know how to go about it myself. The site is still in testing phase. I don't know whether this feature is in the template by default or not that's why i sought help. Pls give me a link to the products you shall edit. Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm
Report this post
Hi

Sure, no problem, but I only have an access to ftp not to joomla panel. Please send it to me.

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:55 pm
Report this post
Hi, emailed you the logins thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:07 pm
Report this post
Hi

Done. I've added this code above regular price:

Code: Select all
                     if ($product->prices['salesPrice']!==$product->prices['basePrice']) {
                        echo '<div style="text-decoration: line-through;">' . $this->currency->createPriceDiv('basePrice', '', $product->prices) . '</div>';
                     }

in /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php

GK User
Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:58 pm
Report this post
Thanks so much!! You are the man! :D
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:00 am
Report this post
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.