How to add manufacturer on category view?..w/ image

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:50 pm
Report this post
I want to add the manufacturer where the red circle is located in the image. How can this be done? Am I missing a box in configuration?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:29 am
Report this post
Hi

I do not think You can just enable it in settings. I cannot see this information in code of this layout, but it can be easily added by editing file /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php and copying the below code to line 196:

Code: Select all
<h3 class="catMfTitle"><?php $product->mf_name; ?></h3>

GK User
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:41 pm
Report this post
When I added this to line 196, it stopped the page from loading. The category pages only loaded a blank white page. Is there another solution?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:12 pm
Report this post
Hi

This is a correct solution. I checked it on my copy of this template. Please send me an access to FTP so I'll try to add it myself.

teitbite
Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:24 pm
Report this post
Hi

Thanks for the access. Your file looks a little different than the one I have so in Your case is should be this code:

Code: Select all
<h3 class="catMfTitle"><?php echo $product->mf_name; ?></h3>

in line 191. Unfortunately I cannot even see a new H3 I it's adding. Do You have a cache enabled in joomla or server ? Please clear it or disable it.

GK User
Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:47 am
Report this post
Thank you soo much. You are definitely one of the best support guys on this site. Ill continue to recommend people to GavickPro. Is there a way to put the manufacturer label on top of the actual product name? Is this something that can be done by copying the code on a different line?
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:37 pm
Report this post
Hi

Yes, that's that simple. Of course I removed Your access, so cannot do this right now, but please edit file /html/com_virtuemart/category/default.php, look for this line and try copy it above while checking if manufacturer is in a desired place already.

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:44 pm
Report this post
Thank you teitbite!
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:15 pm
Report this post
Hi

Glad I could help.
---
If You were satisfied with our support please let other users know on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gavickpro or Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gavickpro

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.