Nothing happend in Database information step

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed May 13, 2015 11:53 am
Report this post
Hi

I have bought this morning the template "instyle" and when I install it there is a stop during the database configuration (nothing happens, it does not follow to the next step in the installation).

I have tried to change the status of the "magical quotes" and the display errors too. I also tried to install it in different languages but it results the same.

I am using Joomla 2.5 quick start.

Please I need urgent assistance to solve this issue as I have to deliver the project by tomorrow.

Thank you, I keep waiting for your prompt feeback.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm
Report this post
Hi,
Can I have two question before?
1) Joomla 2.5, are you sure? 30 December 2014 - it was last day of support this version.
2) I have to deliver the project by tomorrow..... are you joking? Sorry, but you a crazy or so good to build a whole website in less than a day.

About never ending installation like in your case read: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... o-fix-them
In 95% cases it's hosting issue, low quality settings.
Try if you can on other hosting service or use localhost software tool, then using Akeeba Backup recover on target hosting.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 13, 2015 6:13 pm
Report this post
Oscar E wrote:Hi,
Can I have two question before?
1) Joomla 2.5, are you sure? 30 December 2014 - it was last day of support this version.
2) I have to deliver the project by tomorrow..... are you joking? Sorry, but you a crazy or so good to build a whole website in less than a day.

About never ending installation like in your case read: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... o-fix-them
In 95% cases it's hosting issue, low quality settings.
Try if you can on other hosting service or use localhost software tool, then using Akeeba Backup recover on target hosting.

Hi Oscar
Well...
1) I'll use Joomla 3, I'm abituated to 2.5, and sometimes I do not remember the 3 version. Thank's for your apretiation :)
2) I have not to deliver all the project, of course, but I like to send to the client the URL with the template working !!

I'll check the URRL that you post

Thank's for all !!
Best regards :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 13, 2015 8:45 pm
Report this post
If your client ask you about J2.5 again, ask him if he want to use "old" anti-virus without future updates? It always works.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu May 14, 2015 12:56 pm
Report this post
Hello

I can't install the Joomla 3 Quickstart !!! Always come back to the last step
I do all the things that you specify on https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... o-fix-them

But nothing happends !!!!!!!!!

I need urgent help !!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 15, 2015 6:49 pm
Report this post
Try using a localhost software then using Akeeba Backup create a backup and using created installer to transfer site.
If this will not help or you will be lost, give me sign I will create you a such a installer.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:54 am
Report this post
There was a server problem !!!

Thank's for all your help :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 am
Report this post
In most cases yes, it's sever settings issue, and about that we cannot help.
That's why we always suggest to use good , trusted servers services to keep site safe and fast.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.