Reverted to back-up after upgrade..lost benefits of mailing

Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:14 am
Report this post
When I upgraded to joomla 3 from 2.5.28...and virtue mart torrent version... I gained the ability for my mails to send out to customers and the vendor...what files are responsible for this event? Because after a revert back to back up, I still can not send mails from virtue mart to confirm orders to my customers. Are there any specific settings?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:56 pm
Report this post
Perhaps you should check server logs? The mails should send completely fine. Or maybe your hosting company stopped support for php mail and you should use smtp option?

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:10 pm
Report this post
When I upgrade to VM 3.0.12 the mail works but I can't add products to cart/ change quantity. What could be the issue? Jquery?
http://www.pinkchella.com
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:47 pm
Report this post
First of all, please check if fancybox is enabled in VM settings.

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:07 pm
Report this post
Cyberek wrote:First of all, please check if fancybox is enabled in VM settings.

when enabled this breaks how the product images pop up. It directs to a page with just the image
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:11 pm
Report this post
This is really weird. Lets stick to the threads where you are trying to update to J3.x and VM3.x branches. If we fix those issues, 2.5 version will no longer be your problem ;).

GK User
Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:30 pm
Report this post
Ok.. i restored a back up of the working site ( does not mail) on pinkchella.com and pinkchella.com/working
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:35 pm
Report this post
As I understand after redoing the process all seems to be working fine.
If you have any additional questions regarding this topic, please let me know.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.