Error message InStyle below Breadcrumbs

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 pm
Report this post
Hi Gavick!

All of a sudden I get this error message on my website:
Deprecated: Non-static method JApplicationSite::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\www\the-green-islandcouk\www\templates\gk_instyle\lib\framework\helper.layout.php on line 164 Deprecated: Non-static method JApplicationCms::getMenu() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in D:\www\the-green-islandcouk\www\libraries\cms\application\site.php on line 272

I downloaded and installed the newest version of the template, but then all my adjustments (override.cs) were gone and the site looked awfull. So I put back the back-up.
What can I do to remove the message? All seem to work fine, but the message is there. I changed the setting for showing errors to No, but it stays.

Grtz,
Dick
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:36 pm
Report this post
Hi

Try block it in global joomla configuration for server. Just set Error Showing Level to None.
What PHP version are You using? I think this errors starts to show after updating to 5.6. Most reliable is 5.5

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.