How to remove "Not secure" warning in chome

Professional eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template with responsive design discussion forum.
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.Evaluations: 1, 1.00 on the average.1.00 out of 6 based on 1 vote(s)
GK User
Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm
Report this post
Hi,

When I open my website in Chrome, there's a little warning by the address line that says my site is "Not secure". The warning only comes up in chrome and not internet explorer. Is there something I can do to fix this?
My site is: www.dinnerby6.co.za

Thank you in advance.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:43 pm
Report this post
Ok, I think I get it. You have to contact your host and buy an SSL certificate or purchase one from another vendor. Will post an update on status once I've done this for anyone else who might be interested.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 am
Report this post
Hi

That's true and this is actually not related with with our products. No code added to website is capable to bypass that if certificate is not applied to a server first.

GK User
Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 pm
Report this post
Generally depending on the type of host, you either pay to get an SSL certificate or your host offers it to you free as part of your package.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 am
Report this post
Hi

I think there are outside certificates as well, but I found it strange to use it like that, also it's easier if You can manage all of Your site in one place.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.